Family stopover in Lisbon or Porto?

595 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by busdriver88
busdriver88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Taking the family to Europe next summer, hopefully the world will have reset by then. We have the opportunity on TAP Airlines to have a layover of up to five days in either Lisbon or Porto. We want to take a day or two but no nothing about these two cities.

Any input? We like to see the heart of a city, eat some tapas, drink some wine in an outdoor cafe.....Kids will be 20 and 14.

There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
Travelag08
I went to both cities 2 summers ago. Lisbon has a few more attractions and I felt it was easier to find information on them when planning out the itinerary. I'm glad I went, but I don't feel I need to go back anytime soon.

I only spent a few days in Porto and wished I spent longer! I felt the city was cleaner than Lisbon and smaller so it's easier to get around. The ribiera area is fun and there's tons to do with all the wineries!
FancyKetchup14
AG
Porto. Porto. Porto.

I love Lisbon, but I'd move and live in Porto so fast. It's an incredible city.
busdriver88
AG
Awesome. Thanks. May be the last big family trip, my son will be a sophomore at TAMU this year, wants to contract into the Marine Corps, and I don't know how many more summers he will have to hang out with us.

Again, thanks. Love having this resource.
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.