Anyone planning to come to New Mexico...

12,966 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Player To Be Named Later
aggiederelict
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Almost 10000ft.
agdaddy04
AG
I think that's part of the fun but I will say you'd probably be much more comfortable around 8500' or so or spend a night or two in the 5000' level and then ascend up. And drink plenty of water. I've certainly noticed after moving to Denver area that the trips we take to the mountains don't affect me at all anymore.
corndog04
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

We are hopefully going to be buying a vacation property in that general area that we can camp on for now or but a small cabin on until I retire in 9yrs.

We are going to be primarily looking at Timberon, South of Cloudcroft. Ruidoso is entirely too crowded for us. I think we'd like the reclusive nature of Timberon.

I hear ya. It's a miracle I have my wife onboard with this at all but I won't be able to get her more than 30 minutes from some of the bigger town conveniences (i.e. Walmart) for a permanent residence. We are looking just a little outside town though so we can avoid crowds when we want. Really like Ranches of Sonterra area out past Alto. 5+ acre tracts and hwy 220 doesn't see a ton of traffic compared to other main roads in the area.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
We live in the unincorporated county now on 1.25ac and she loves having chickens, ducks, etc. She comments all the time about how "busy" the road in front of us here is now..... so 1ac or so in the mountains will be perfect.

I mean, yeah, it's reclusive in Timberon for now.... but it does have a community pool, a 9 hole golf course, a general store, an air strip, etc so it's probably only a matter of time before it grows. Really hoping we find a nice piece of land when we go out there so we can start working on it and have it good to go when I retire in 9yrs.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
We'll be spending a lot more time in New Mexico

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3132328/replies/57204407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.