Jamaica?

2,117 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by blackgoldag11
blackgoldag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trip planned at end of July, all we have seen is you have to get a negative covid test 48 hours prior to getting there, anyone have experience during this time?
JMac03
AG
I haven't seen any posts from my travel agent friends for Jamaica yet - just Mexico and some other Caribbean islands. I'll do some checking to see if I can find anything.
blackgoldag11
AG
That would be appreciated. Thanks
TraditionsPD
AG
Planning on going in August
JMac03
AG
I searched my groups and cannot find anyone that has gone or clients recently. Where are you going? I think most resorts are fine and allow guests. The government had some restrictions on where tourist could go. I think all Sandals were in those areas except Sandals South Coast. Negative covid test 48 hours required or you get a test at the airport and quarantine (I think at your resort) until results come back.

Please note that rules can change daily. If I read anything else I will let you know.

Adding I did read if you have a positive test you must remain there in quarantine until you no longer have the virus.
blackgoldag11
AG
Got ya. Yeah we will be at sandals Montego Bay and they were the ones who told my wife about getting a negative test 48 hours before our trip..
JMac03
AG
blackgoldag11 said:

Got ya. Yeah we will be at sandals Montego Bay and they were the ones who told my wife about getting a negative test 48 hours before our trip..
I love that resort. I want to go back as they have completely remodeled it. I watched a webinar last week and everything looked great and they are practicing social distancing at restaurants, etc. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Be sure to head over to their Royal Caribbean resort one day. They have a private island there that is nice.
TraditionsPD
AG
That is where we did our honeymoon in 2002. This year we are going to the iberostar grand rose hall for the 4th year
JMac03
AG
This was just posted in one of my TA groups. I haven't verified it but usually this group is accurate:

Quote:

Big Big changes to the protocols in Jamaica as of July 1st, 2020

-Curfew 11pm-5am

-Florida, Texas, Arizona, NY as defined as high risk

-No one with positive Covid test should travel and will not be approved on either app.

TOURISTS

As of July 1st, 2020, Tourists(in high risk areas) must upload a PCR Test on visitjamaica.com

-test must be no more than 7 days old(from arrival in Jamaica)

-Must still stay in corridor

As of July 10th, 2020, Tourists must present the test upon arrival in Jamaica

JAMAICAN'S/Non-Nationals staying outside the corridor

-will be given apt at PCR testing center apt

-will go home to isolate until their apt and then will be on quarantine or stay at home order depending on status/risk assessment.

Business Travellers

-Will continue to be tested at the airport

-Will continue to wait at hotel until negative test has arrived.
blackgoldag11
AG
JMac03 said:

This was just posted in one of my TA groups. I haven't verified it but usually this group is accurate:

Quote:

Big Big changes to the protocols in Jamaica as of July 1st, 2020

-Curfew 11pm-5am

-Florida, Texas, Arizona, NY as defined as high risk

-No one with positive Covid test should travel and will not be approved on either app.

TOURISTS

As of July 1st, 2020, Tourists(in high risk areas) must upload a PCR Test on visitjamaica.com

-test must be no more than 7 days old(from arrival in Jamaica)

-Must still stay in corridor

As of July 10th, 2020, Tourists must present the test upon arrival in Jamaica

JAMAICAN'S/Non-Nationals staying outside the corridor

-will be given apt at PCR testing center apt

-will go home to isolate until their apt and then will be on quarantine or stay at home order depending on status/risk assessment.

Business Travellers

-Will continue to be tested at the airport

-Will continue to wait at hotel until negative test has arrived.

Thanks! So I'm assuming this is similar to what my wife was told in that we have to get a test prior to our trip and it has to be negative.. if I'm reading that correctly.
JMac03
AG
Yes, has to be tested negative within 7 days of your trip per the above.
blackgoldag11
AG
JMac03 said:

Yes, has to be tested negative within 7 days of your trip per the above.
good deal, thanks so much for checking on this!
agfan2332
I was suppose to take my honeymoon to Jamaica and Sandals in May and had to push it back to September due to my wedding being postponed. We got word two weeks ago from the resort that it was shutdown and wasn't going to be open until October, so right now I'm fighting on getting a full refund for our planned trip.
JMac03
AG
agfan2332 said:

I was suppose to take my honeymoon to Jamaica and Sandals in May and had to push it back to September due to my wedding being postponed. We got word two weeks ago from the resort that it was shutdown and wasn't going to be open until October, so right now I'm fighting on getting a full refund for our planned trip.
I hope you have had better luck than others - from what I have seen and heard, Sandals is NOT allowing refunds at all. Now you may be lucky since it is still within cancellation window, but from everything I've seen the only allow you to move dates (which is BS)
agfan2332
When I talked to them on the phone, they said it was refundable but we had an over water bungaloo that we were staying in and they are saying that was not refundable. We have our lawyer involved in it right now. It's pretty disappointing to say the least.
JMac03
AG
That is such BS. Your $1k deposit is non-refundable, but I have been told everything else should be. Closing of the resort may change this though.

Can you move to another one that is open and not do the OWB? Then they *should* refund the rest of your $$. (At least that is what was explained to me - I have clients next year for OWB)
DiskoTroop
We had Beaches Negril booked for first week of August but just pushed it out to May 2021 because of Rona and US Dept of State recommendations that travel to Montego Bay and surrounding areas be limited due to crime.
blackgoldag11
AG
We were originally at sandals negril, at one point they called us saying negril wasn't opening until August and our trip is in July now. Asked about he other resorts and they said Montego Bay would be open so we moved our reservation there and got a $650 credit back to us and upgraded our room.
breezecustomtravel
AG
This was in an email I received from the Jamaica Tourism Board on July 2.

"As such, note the now stipulated requirement to obtain a COVID-19 PCR test no more than 10 days prior to the intended date of arrival to Jamaica. This requirement will become mandatory for persons arriving in Jamaica on or after July 10th.

Note as well that all persons applying to enter Jamaica on or after July 7th from designated high risk locations will be required to upload to the Travel Authorization form, a PCR test certificate as a part of the application process."

Now....things are still changing and not sure if this is even the policy anymore but from what I'm hearing as long as you have that negative COVID PCR test and the Travel Authorization Form you're good to go.

We had an agent in our group just get back from the Bahamas and they apparently are turning people away and not letting them in the country without proper documentation.

My advice --- check tourist board websites and government websites of that country DAILY to see what policies are.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
blackgoldag11
AG
Here now, it was no different besides having to get a test prior and the crazy amount of hand sanitizer they squirt on you when you arrive. Other than that, airport took about 5 min longer to exit for a health screening that was a joke. Getting hammered for the next 5 days.
blackgoldag11
AG
Made it back after 5 great days at sandals Montego Bay. It was awesome! The staff was excellent and the resort was great. It was nice to have some normalcy in our lives as once you hit the property, you are not required to wear a mask but they do have hand sanitizer everywhere. My palms are cracked from using so much! Just wanted to give an update for any that may be thinking of going to Jamaica.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.