Florida/Alabama Beach Recomendation

2,386 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TLIAC
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have limited vacation time (New Jobs) so we are looking at taking a quick flight to Mobile Alabama (Cheapest Flight in the area) 4th of July weekend. We are a low 30's couple, no kids, would like white sandy beaches with clear water, great restaurants to eat at in the area, maybe a few nice bars. Fishing or other outdoor activities in the area is a plus. Not into the club/party scene anymore.

Whatcha got?

Open to other areas as I have read Siesta Key south of Tampa (Would fly into TPA then) is great.
TXAGGIE10
Destin, FL
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Anna Maria Island
chick79
AG
The Martinique in Gulf Shores AL.
Ken Adams
AG
Just did a week in Gulf Shores, AL. I wouldn't call it clear water but it's not bad and felt good. Water was hit or miss most days with how rough it was. But still a good beach, nice sand and had a good time. Most places with about 50% capacity and had about an hour wait around peak dinner times.

We also like Navarre and Destin.
TLIAC
AG
We have a vacation home in Navarre Beach that we also rent out. Unfortunately it is booked around July 4th. It is also probably too big for just two of you because it sleeps 10. However, it you ever want to plan another trip in the panhandle area with a larger group send me an email and I will be happy to send information to you. thisladyisacop at gmail dot com.
ForeverAg
AG
TLIAC said:

We have a vacation home in Navarre Beach that we also rent out. Unfortunately it is booked around July 4th. It is also probably too big for just two of you because it sleeps 10. However, it you ever want to plan another trip in the panhandle area with a larger group send me an email and I will be happy to send information to you. thisladyisacop at gmail dot com.
I absolutely will. We will for sure plan a trip in the near future. Looks like we will just stay local until we are able to use vacation time.
Aggie
AG
Fly into Tampa and drive to Clearwater beach , Fl

Clearwater is a much better " beach town" than Destin or Gulf Shores

Scotts Tot
AG
The Pearl at Rosemary Beach has been our kid-free destinaction for a few years now, and I couldn't imagine anything we would enjoy more. Incredible beach, great food within walking distance, and super nice accommodations with adult only pool and bar service.

Of course it comes with a price, so it depends on your budget. We typically go after Labor Day when prices take a nose dive.
aglaohfour
AG
We just got back from Rosemary Beach. It was my first time there and I can't wait to go back. Would have loved to stay at the Pearl, but...kids. So we rented a great house in Inlet Beach, right off 30A. Tons of restaurants within walking distance. The beaches were gorgeous, water was clear, though a little rough the second day we were there. If you decide to do a house and use a public Beach access, I highly recommend using livewell30a for chairs and umbrellas. All the employees we interacted with were wonderful and it was so nice to have everything set up for us.
FC12
Care to share which place you rented? I'm looking to book a house in Inlet beach for September. Dog friendly is must.
aglaohfour
AG
FC12 said:

Care to share which place you rented? I'm looking to book a house in Inlet beach for September. Dog friendly is must.

https://abnb.me/IZYTIy8se7

This was a great house/location. The listing says no pets, but I feel like the host might make an exception. It was obvious (not in a bad way) that there is a dog there sometimes. There was a dog bed, toys, and bowls in a closet, and she had several pics of her dog around.
TLIAC
AG
Agoodlittleag04 said:

FC12 said:

https://abnb.me/IZYTIy8se7

This was a great house/location. The listing says no pets, but I feel like the host might make an exception. It was obvious (not in a bad way) that there is a dog there sometimes. There was a dog bed, toys, and bowls in a closet, and she had several pics of her dog around.
Just to add about the dog thing. When we go to our beach house, we take our dogs but when we rent, we do not allow other people's pets. In case they say no here are a few reasons as to why. I know my dogs. They are potty trained; they do not chew, and they don't have fleas. I do not know other people's pets. Second, is the liability insurance that we as vacation rental owners must carry. Many carriers do not want to you allow pets and the premiums significantly increase you do. All this to say, do not assume they pick and choose if they tell you no. They probably bring their personal pets like we do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.