Boston/Islands

1,106 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgOutsideAustin
ClassOf17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Planning second trip to Boston but want to include some islands/sailing this time.

Has anyone been to Martha's Vineyard, cape cod, or Nantucket? If so, which would you recommend visiting for a day or two in the fall for a young husband/wife?
ToddyHill
AG
My wife has been to both Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket (she's from Boston). Her preference is Nantucket.

We went to Nantucket for our Honeymoon, so naturally I'm biased and would highly recommend it. Incredible restaurants and just a neat place to spend a few days. Definitely check out the Whaling Museum.

One caveat...the island is filled with B&B's, which require a three night minimum. As I recall, there are hotels, but I don't know if they have a minimum stay.

ClassOf17
What's the best/cheapest way to get to Nantucket?

We will be in Boston and stop in Plymouth to play at Pinehills.

What is the best area to stay in Nantucket as well? Also I'd be interested in those restaurant recs if you have them.
ToddyHill
AG
If you have a car, my recommendation would be to drive to Hyannis, park it there, and take the Hi Speed Ferry to either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard (google Hy-Line Cruises). You don't need a car in Nantucket. Can't speak of particular restaurants. My experience...all of them were great.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
ToddyHill said:

If you have a car, my recommendation would be to drive to Hyannis, park it there, and take the Hi Speed Ferry to either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard (google Hy-Line Cruises). You don't need a car in Nantucket. Can't speak of particular restaurants. My experience...all of them were great.

"Dancin' in the streets of Hyannis we were getting pretty good at the game"

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.