June vacation ideas?

1,888 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TLIAC
BeastmodeAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need some ideas on places that are tourist friendly in early to mid June...

Friendly to beaches, snow, mountains, just about anything.

Seen Hawaii was closed :\
Matsui
AG
Florida
Texas
TXTransplant
La Cantera is taking reservations and they have some good rates/promotions right now. No deposit required and generous cancellation terms.

We booked for the third full week in July.

Tried to find an Airbnb house with a pool somewhere on the water around Austin, but the few that are left to choose from are outrageously expensive, have really high non-refundable security fees, and really strict cancellation terms. I just couldn't bring myself to pay $2500-$4k for 5 nights outside of Austin.
TexasAggie008
AG
In process of knocking out "local" road trips that have been on the list for a while ... places like:

Fort Davis area

Broken Bow, OK

Eureka Springs and/or Buffalo National River in AR
Drip99
AG
Just booked a house this morning in pagosa springs.
FDXAg
AG
Been to eureka springs countless times. We love the atmosphere of the town and just spend a day walking the shops and eating at the local restaurants. Finally did the Buffalo national river last year and it was incredible! Never been as cool of a place while kayaking.

Going back to Broken Bow here in two weeks. Just love the lake there.
Pepper Brooks
AG
We were originally scheduled to go to Hawaii next week for a babymoon but that's been cancelled. What would you guys do if you knew you couldn't be overly active?

La Cantera is intriguing but part of me wants to go a bit further to make it feel like we're not "staying local". Located in DFW.
ToddyHill
AG
We're two minutes from the beach just north of Sarasota at this moment. Restaurants are open at 50% capacity, though many have outdoor seating. I understand bars are about to open.

We go to Florida every year during May because public school isn't out and there aren't that many people at the beach. That's not the case this year as there are quite a few folks taking in the sand and sun.
Aust Ag
AG
What are the beaches like there?
ToddyHill
AG
Many more people on the beach than I would have anticipated. However, people are keeping their distance so it's not really an issue.
BeastmodeAg
AG
Should I drive to Florida or fly? What city?
Matsui
AG
Drive. If fly Pensacola or northwest Florida beaches airport
2wealfth Man
AG
Smoky Mountains
TLIAC
AG
Navarre Beach, Florida is kind of an undiscovered treasure. It is halfway between Pensacola and Destin and it is a very laid back town. You get the beautiful blue green waters of the Florida panhandle without the crowds of Pensacola, Destin or Panama City Beach. We bought a beach house there last summer that sleeps 10. If you are interested send me an email at thisladyisacop at gmail dot com. I'd be happy to send you information. The Governor just opened up vacation rentals so we have summer spots available. We love it there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.