Renting a full size SUV. Do they all come with a hitch accessible?

1,182 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
FDXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not looking to tow anything, but was hoping to be able to use my hitch mounted cargo carrier rack of i rented a full-size SUV for our upcoming trip.

Didn't know if that was even allowed with the big chain rentals, or if a hitch was standard equipment on all full-size SUV rental options (Tahoe/Expedition/etc)
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Most of the time they do not have a hitch mount to prevent people from trying to tow something
flown-the-coop
AG
May want to research over in flyertalk.com or potentially post the question there.

I have had a ton of Tahoe and Yukon's as rentals and simply never paid attention.

I would think on explorers and such it may not be there, but on the larger ones I would think it would.

Keep in mind full size to a car rental company does not mean Tahoe or Expedition. You need to select premium full size for that.
AgCPA95
AG
flown-the-coop said:

Keep in mind full size to a car rental company does not mean Tahoe or Expedition. You need to select premium full size for that.

And if you want want the Expedition Max, Suburban or Yukon XL long versions that is sometimes even a different car code that regular Expy, Yukon or Tahoe. Third row up on the short ones = basically no luggage space
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
When I called Avis and Hertz 2008 about a hitch they mentioned that towing anything is against their TOS

While the the risk is low you might read those to avoid the risk
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.