Flying to Belize - Southwest?

1,327 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXTransplant
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has Southwest stopped flying to Belize in general or just not booking there now due to the 'Rona?
Daughter and her new husband were thinking of taking honeymoon down there late January, but Southwest's website shows no available flights through November??
AgTech88
TXAggie2011
AG
I do not think Southwest has permanently stopped that route.

I also believe Southwest is not allowing booking of anything that far out right now.
TXTransplant
Yep, their booking calendar only goes about 6 months out. You can't book any flight past October right now. That's typical procedure for them.

I would not be surprised if they don't roll out the full winter flight schedule like they normally do since everything is so up in the air right now (pun intended)
LegalDrugPusher
Al SW international destinations are suspended till June 22
Matsui
AG
They will come back online
garym2001
AG
I believe Belize is curretly closed to incoming tourists. I assume when they reopen, the routes will show again on the Southwest website
jammer262
Correct Belize is closed till June. They are down to 0 cases in country, so they are loosening restrictions in country.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Anyone know if the flight schedule SWA releases for Nov and beyond will be similar to what it will be in February? Trying to book for Feb, but kind of tough with no flight info. Don't need specifics to book, but would like a general idea. Like, do the ramp up flights during X month normally and really cut back during Y month.
TXTransplant
I think your guess is as good as anyone's. Their flight schedule is really altered right now. My son has exclusively flown SW for the past 10 years to go visit his dad. We can get him there nonstop through Birmingham, Nashville, or Memphis (driving distances to the airport are all about the same from where his dad lives). More often than not, he has flown to Birmingham.

He left on Saturday to go to his dad's. There were no direct flights to Birmingham at all. He is returning on July 11, and there are no direct flights from Birmingham then, either. While this may not seem like a big deal (who wants to go to Birmingham, AL?), that flight was the connector for quite a few destinations on the east coast (Orlando, DC area, etc).

Can't get to/from Memphis nonstop right now, either.

You can get to/from Nashville on a nonstop flight. But I had credits on United, so we opted to fly United to a different airport.

I'll have to purchase his Christmas ticket soon. Looks like they have added flights back in December. I can get him to Birmingham (and Memphis) nonstop on the 19th and can get him back home on the 26th. There are two nonstop flights to choose from each day. That's good news.

I'm hoping things start to pick up and the airlines can add additional flights, but I wouldn't count on anything at this point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.