30A Beaches

8,366 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CaptnCarl
Bachelor99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
we usually vacation in sandestin area but heard good things about the 30A area from this board and other places. to me, the water/beach is pretty much all the same from pensacola to panama city so there's got to be other activities external to the beach that would interest me in driving an additional hour or more to the 30A area. i understand there are a number of towns/beaches in the 30A area...is there one town that is considered better than the other? what other activities are available outside of the beach in this area? TIA!
proudaggie02
AG
I know traffic can get bad in the summer, but it's never been anywhere near an hour in my experience. I've stayed in Sandestin and Santa Rosa Beach. It's maybe 10 minutes from Sandestin to the nearest point of Santa Rosa Beach. All of the other 30a communities are within an additional 10-20 minutes assuming low/normal traffic. I don't have a preference.

I believe Panama City Beach is only 30-35 miles from Sandestin.
A New Hope
Seagrove beach
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Rosemary Beach.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Bachelor99 the water/beach is pretty much all the same from pensacola to panama city [/quote said:

If you are a water's water guy then I guess that's right but to me it's clearer water with sugar white beaches on 30a.

We like Rosemary a lot
Kool
AG
I would agree that the water is pretty much the same from Panama City to Pensacola. However, the beaches are wider along 30A than they are in Destin because they don't let you build so close to the water there. And the crowds are smaller along 30A, in general, because you don't have huge high rises that can hold tons and tons of people. The dunes are preserved in WaterSound and, to a lesser degree, at Grayton Beach. It's a shame what they let developers get away with in Destin, in my opinion. Personally, I love the look and the feel of the town of Seaside. Watch The Truman Show for a glimpse of it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Motis B Totis
AG
The dynamics are different in each area.
Furlock Bones
AG
i've been to Rosemary a few times. my brother's family goes almost every year. it's definitely country clubbing on the beach. it's very nice for families. definitely not a party destination.
Shiner79
I'm heading down Friday headed to Watercolor.
I 10 at Alabama - Florida line will have a checkpoint.
If your from Louisiana, you won't be allowed in.
Its recommended that people from Texas do not stop in Louisiana.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Shiner79 said:

Curious, where are you reading this?
Big Al 1992
AG
Love 30A but other than Crabby Steve's in Rosemary there is a lack of your typical beach bar. Beach is great.
Shiner79
I listened to the Walton County Commissioners meeting yesterday after the Gov. allowed short term rentals.
People from Louisiana will not be allowed in.
People from Texas were advised to not stop in Louisiana.
Multiple news sources have info on the checkpoints on I 10
Bachelor99
AG
Shiner79 said:

interesting....mobile is already a cluster going through the tunnel....we usually make our first pit stop in baton rouge....how will they know if you stopped in LA?
Shiner79
I don't know the answer. From the call they implied you may be subject to additional questions, possible quarantine if they discovered you stopped in La. Hence the recommendation to not stop if at all possible.
We'll gas up in Orange and drive straight across to MS.
Bunk Moreland
they won't know a damn thing. Just tell em you took a piss in Orange and another one in Biloxi.
Bunk Moreland
Also, every current guidance will only ease up with each passing day and week.
culdeus
AG
Been going to 30A for a decade. It's got just the right mix of not too busy but still have nice places to go at night. Rosemary for smaller groups and seaside for larger groups imo.

Grayton is the value location. Though it's alot more expensive as well since 2016.

Only place I've ever been where they pick you up off the beach to go fish for snapper. (Grayton).

culdeus
AG
Bachelor99 said:

Shiner79 said:

interesting....mobile is already a cluster going through the tunnel....we usually make our first pit stop in baton rouge....how will they know if you stopped in LA?

Yeah lol. We drove around it officer. Honest. Gfy.
culdeus
AG
I've been watching Waze this morning. There is activity at the north border near Jax, but not at the Bama border.

They gave up pretty fast.
nosoupforyou
AG

This is from our condo on Seacrest Beach - which is in Rosemary Beach.
This area was great because food is there and live music every night just outside your window. we'd go down and grab tables and chairs they had set up

https://sowal.com/destination/seacrest-village
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Aired up our bike tires there and did some shopping. Needed the bike ride after the massive omelettes at the Donut Hole.
aggiejet
AG
Would you provide a landmark or intersection to identify this area on a map? Thanks.
nonameag99
https://www.google.com/maps/place/30%C2%B016'53.2%22N+86%C2%B001'08.7%22W/@30.2814392,-86.0196162,260m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m14!1m7!3m6!1s0x8893f1fc09006dd9:0xce2205b07291800!2sRosemary+Beach,+FL+32413!3b1!8m2!3d30.2806316!4d-86.0177921!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d30.2814377!4d-86.0190689?hl=en
ChipFTAC01
AG
I grabbed some pizzas from Ticheli's on the Monday that the area was starting to shut down in March. At 8 o'clock they stopped taking orders because they were like 250 orders behind as most of the restaurants were closed.
2wealfth Man
AG
Talked to my property manager this morning. They absolutely got slammed with bookings on Tuesday when things opened up. I am not quite sure how next week is going to go with so many people looking to rent. The restaurants, beach vendors etc. are going to have to go from 10 to 100 miles per hour in a few days (if their employees are still around). Also, if anyone goes into the Watercolor Publix there on 395 in Seagrove, let me know how they are looking in terms of being stocked.

Edit to add: Anyone driving from Dallas just take 20 across to Jackson, MS and then down to Mobile. That minimizes your in Louisiana time.
aggiepaintrain
AG
There's a Publix and a Piggly Wiggly 5-10 minutes away in Panama city beach that is no where near as crowded as the ones near Rosemary, Seaside and Watercolor
sawemoff07
AG
https://seasidefl.com/news/seaside-commercial-beach-access

Curious if anyone else has seen this? I can't imagine they can shut down the beach and only give access to people who agree to pay $500-$1000 to sit on a chair for the week but that's how this reads...

I emailed our rental agency to try and seek clarification on this.
Post removed:
by user
Smokedraw01
Can anyone tell me the best place to get a 30A sticker for my white Tahoe?
sawemoff07
AG
That's where we normally stay. Guess I'll be walking a couple blocks east to get on the beach if need be.
culdeus
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

sawemoff07 said:

https://seasidefl.com/news/seaside-commercial-beach-access

Curious if anyone else has seen this? I can't imagine they can shut down the beach and only give access to people who agree to pay $500-$1000 to sit on a chair for the week but that's how this reads...

I emailed our rental agency to try and seek clarification on this.

This is why you stay next door in Seagrove. These dumb regulations need to stop. People aren't giving each other COVID on the beach.

The issue is the public bathrooms they provide there. They I suppose don't have the capacity or desire to clean the heads enough.
culdeus
AG
sawemoff07 said:

That's where we normally stay. Guess I'll be walking a couple blocks east to get on the beach if need be.
If going after May 29th none of that will still be in place.
2wealfth Man
AG
There are going to be some real disappointed folks next week just walking out to the beach with their stuff as they normally do clueless to all this.......wow!
culdeus
AG
2wealfth Man said:

There are going to be some real disappointed folks next week just walking out to the beach with their stuff as they normally do clueless to all this.......wow!

I doubt that. It's pretty well documented on all the websites what the rules are.
lgj98
AG
Anybody have any rental companies they would recommend? I've always used VacationsbyPlatinum and they've always been very well priced for condo's. Just looking for different options since I would like to reserve a house this year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.