US Honeymoon Recs

1,536 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
979ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Travel Board,

Long time lurker here look for a little help.

Me and the fiance are getting married on 1/1/21 and we're looking for an easy 3/4 night getaway domestically. We are thinking of picking a city, staying in a nice hotel, and "living like locals" for a few days before we jump into or busy lives. (She'll be one Med School and I'll be starting "Busy Season" as a Public Auditor).

We've thought about Austin, Scottsdale, Denver, and Miami, but we are open to just about anywhere within a 2/3 flight. Not looking to ski, and not looking for an all inclusive in the Caribbean/Mexico

Both of our families never really travelled domestically so we are both pretty naive to finding the cool/neat spots that might be a underrated.

Anyone have any suggestions for us that we might be missing? Mainly looking for places to stay or things to do the first week of January.

....yeah yeah I know, sucky part of year...I know I know

TIA for the help!
The Lost
So food/drinks mainly? Any type of nightlife/museums?Anything else y'all like to do?

Scottsdale would be great temp wise that time of year with plenty relaxing options. It's probably what I'd lean based on what you said and I assume you're in Texas so you could do Austin for just a trip.

If you don't mind the cold, you could get a nice cabin in the mountains in Colorado for plenty of close time together. Denver wouldn't be my first choice of cities to just hang out in. Austin/Scottsdale/ Florida would be better imo for what you've said so far.
HHAG
AG
Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada, FL. Fly in to Miami, rent a car, drive down and enjoy. It's about 1/3 of the way down the Keys, really isolated, but if you want to hit Miami, it's doable (about 70 miles) or Key West (about the same). Really nice resort, great food, pools, beaches and all the Keys has to offer is close. A little off the beaten path, but I have been there a couple of times and loved it,
Goldie Wilson
Charleston
Whoop Delecto
AG
Matsui
AG
In January, so San Diego Charleston New Orleans Tucson!
Al Bula
AG
The keys all the way
CaptnCarl
AG
Maybe La Jolla, Carmel, or Santa Barbara, California. Small towns so you can walk around to dinner and what not. More laid back than the bigger cities. Four Seasons Santa Barbara maybe?

I love Austin and Denver, but you may get bored, especially if it's cold outside.

I do really enjoy Scottsdale, and usually stay at the Phoenician. You can hike Camelback mountain, and the desert golf courses are gorgeous, even if you're not a big golfer. Highly recommend We-Ko-Pa golf course.

I've never been to Miami, but that sounds very promising in January, along with anywhere in southern Florida.

I'd probably target a specific resort for the honeymoon experience rather than the city.
Cardiag
AG
Santa Fe. Terrific food, fun downtown, cool art galleries to walk through, plenty of great hotels, nearby outdoor activities, skiing is an option. Snow is usually not a problem in town.

Treat yourself to a spa experience at 10,000 Waves. Routinely considered one of the top spas in the world.
Texaggie7nine
Assuming things are mostly back to somewhat normal by then...

St Augustine FL. Very cool that time of year.
7nine
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.