Key West, FL

2,538 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
bdgol07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are everyone's thoughts on a KW trip middle of next month (10-16)? Would you go?

Never been personally but I think that this is going to get worse before it gets better. My hospital is probably going to get it's first case within the next week as everything is trending in our direction.

Details...
Family trip for In-Laws 25th anniversary (FIL-71 MIL-61)
15 people total (7 kids in total)
Flying from Dallas and/or New Orleans airports for each family
My wife is pregnant
Have an AirBnB or similar

In-laws paid for everything
agdaddy04
AG
With the people you listed there, don't think I'd risk it.
dcAg
Key West is great but as previous poster said, "Wouldnt go with that list of people."
Al Bula
AG
The Florida Keys are closed to visitors at least two weeks. Even if they open back up the first week of April there will be lots of work to get things back up and running.

https://keysweekly.com/42/florida-keys-closing-to-visitors-as-of-sunday/

We have a trip planned to Islamorada the last week of April and that is just a placeholder on my calendar at this point.
Al Bula
AG
Keys residents snitching on tourists:

https://keysweekly.com/42/keys-officials-target-illegal-rentals-to-banned-tourists/
Bunk Moreland
So this was back in April. Sounds like the keys will be open again by the end of May.

Hoping to schedule a mid or late June trip to Key West. Anyone have recommended off-shore fishing charters to use or to avoid based off past experiences?
BarryProfit
Are you flying into KW or driving down from Miami? If the latter I'd recommend fishing on your way to KW in the mid keys area around marathon vs KW. Fishing there is world class.

Sorry can't help you in KW but you won't have s shortage of options.
2wealfth Man
AG
Islamorada is the center of the fishing universe down there. Cheeca Lodge
Bunk Moreland
This helps. Never been to the keys. Plan is to fly into Miami and make our way to key west so we could easily do a fishing trip one morning/day and then end up at key west after that night. I'll look into that area.

Thanks
Bunk Moreland
Perfect. My goal in the next 2 months is to go somewhere I havent ever been and fish something I've never fished before. Thanks for the recs.

Maybe I'll see Leach on the barstool next to me once I get to KW
Joe Exotic
AG
My mother's family is from key largo. They still get hassled going into the Keys check points at US1 and Card Sound road because they have homes in Miami too and go back and forth.
Bunk Moreland
Surely that's done with by late June.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.