Anywhere Southwest flies

1,537 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by YouBet
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have accumulated enough points to take a "free" trip - the caveat is that the location has to be anywhere Southwest flies... we've narrowed it down a little. We like to lay in chairs on the beach and drink and get in the water. What says you?

Bahamas
Grand Cayman
Turks and Caicos
Punta Cana
Aruba
gvine07
AG
I haven't been, but from what I hear Punta Cana should be eliminated. It sounds like most prefer Cancun/playa Del Carmen to Punta Cana, and the other places you listed are nicer.
The first three places you listed are generally a lot nicer than the last 2.
JMac03
AG
I just got back from Punta Cana and enjoyed it, but I like Mexico better. The beach sand was softer and water calmer in Uvero Alto than in PC. But the sand was golden there and white in PC.

I loved the beach in Bahamas, but the service in Bahamas was very mediocre.

GC is expensive for food/drinks from what I hear, so probably not a good option for me.
tamc93
AG
I would lean towards Turks and Caicos, but it really depends on what you want to experience.

We stayed at the Alexandra Resort which was all inclusive a few years ago and had a great time.

Have not been to GC, but it was on the list this past year and ended up going back to the Bahamas (Baha Mar).

Punta Cana is nice (stayed at the Majestic), but they were having issues last year.

Aruba, it has been a several years, enjoyed it, but thought the other places were nicer.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
AgOutsideAustin
AG
On Southwest points you're most bang for the buck will be T&C, Grand Cayman, and Aruba.
flown-the-coop
AG
We enjoyed Cayman over Aruba and Bahamas last couple of years. Aruba is a much longer flight and it just was not as appealing. Food was better than we expected though.

Cayman just felt nicer, safer and overall convenient.
YouBet
AG
I assume you are going later in the year. At least two of those places are not allowing non-residents in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.