Vail resorts

1,628 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SoupNazi2001
maldivesag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Closing all resorts effective the 16th March
rononeill
Yep. Just picked up our skis.
maldivesag
AG
Ouch.....We were supposed to arrive in keystone tomorrow glad we decided not to make the drive.
JustPanda
AG
Yup - 1 week pause - glad I decided to catch the last 1:30 at BC after work. Ugh.
2wealfth Man
AG
Just walked in to pick up skis and found out. They (Vail Resorts) are real scum bags for not making this decision on Thu. Spent time and money getting to Breck to find this out. i am stuck with a ski in/ski out house having paid a rental premium for that. No idea if my money on my Epic pass is pissed into the wind.
JustPanda
AG
Whats your email?

What company are the rentals through? Same w the house. I can mostly help w the passes and potentially the skis.

Silver lining - you're in a beautiful setting with your family, the towns are empty, and you can still get out and snow shoe, bike, etc.

Im gonna be doing a lot of snowshoeing now.
maldivesag
AG
I called epic pass for the 4th time today and was told no refunds. It looks like they will now but not 100% sure
Post removed:
by user
rononeill
Just panda: I've got an epic local pass that hadnt been ran yet this season- you're saying there's a chance?
TailG8TR
AG
All Alterra Resorts to close across North America !

Alterra Resorts

Steamboat Resort and Winter Park in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah.
2wealfth Man
AG
darrell.l.williamson at verizon dot net

We are renting with River Ridge rental. Got the ski rentals refunded.
Post removed:
by user
wessimo
AG
Was planning to head to Banff on Monday. Now a bit worried that the resorts will be closing there as well.
JustPanda
AG
No - no chance on that one. I can work magic inside guest connect in PSS, but I wouldn't be able to justify a refund on an unused local - even a partial. That's the most strict and hugest scrutinized activity inside PSS. It legit take multi levels of mngr approval.

If you or anyone else have single or multi day lift tickets or buddy passes or swafs for specific days, I could get those back, but no way they would let me touch a season pass. Did you get pass insurance? That may help some, but they only give you back a prorated portion based on the date in the season and it's so late I think you'd get back nada. Worth a call - I have a merchant pass so I don't pay this have no gripe.

Plus right now they will tell you it's only a week pause .

Sorry
txags92
AG
We just got back from Crested Butte...figured this had to happen eventually. Up to 6 cases in Gunnison County now. Their county health department is trying to get out the message that "The Gunnison Valley is closed for business." I feel for all the folks that won't get to go skiing, but who my heart really goes out to is all the small businesses and employees who won't be getting a paycheck for a while.
Schall 02
AG
Gov. Polis ordered the resorts to close for a week.
fire09
AG
JustPanda said:

No - no chance on that one. I can work magic inside guest connect in PSS, but I wouldn't be able to justify a refund on an unused local - even a partial. That's the most strict and hugest scrutinized activity inside PSS. It legit take multi levels of mngr approval.

If you or anyone else have single or multi day lift tickets or buddy passes or swafs for specific days, I could get those back, but no way they would let me touch a season pass. Did you get pass insurance? That may help some, but they only give you back a prorated portion based on the date in the season and it's so late I think you'd get back nada. Worth a call - I have a merchant pass so I don't pay this have no gripe.

Sorry

This is why I have no problem with people lending out their epic pass. **** Vail.
2wealfth Man
AG
Schall 02 said:

Gov. Polis ordered the resorts to close for a week.
Employees are already heading out of town. Was down in Breck tonight and talked to several business owners. They are worried about their survival. Vail Resorts may as well be sensible and call the season. Won't get anyone to comeback and work for three or so weeks in April.

Disney got it right by announcing a close date earlier in the week. Vail Resorts should have done the same. They had to be talking to the governor at various points this week.
JustPanda
AG
Which is by far the dumbest thing you can ever do on the mountain.

A) Automtic lifetime ban from all VR properties for the user and the pass holder
B) Federal not state jurisdiction - yes they take it very seriously and prosecute to the fullest extent
C) Scanners have financial reasons to find you - $25 per pass plus other benefits not made public.

DONT DO IT - You will get caught eventually.
The Lost
fire09 said:

JustPanda said:

Sorry

This is why I have no problem with people lending out their epic pass. **** Vail.

You should say **** skiing, because they're all going to do the same thing.
txags92
AG
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/news/cdphe-strongly-advises-all-visitors-and-residents-eagle-summit-pitkin-and-gunnison-counties

If you were skiing in Colorado in one of the listed counties in the last week, CDPHE is strongly advising you to minimize contact with others for 7-10 days. Today is day 7 for us. Will be working from home until at least Wednesday.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.