Social Distancing in Santa Fe

2,608 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jah003
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my company is kicking me out of the office for a while. I'm thinking I may rent a house up in NM for a week or so, work during the mornings, and hike in the afternoon with my dog. Maybe ski a little. Any areas that y'all would recommend? It's been years since I've been there.
Bunk Moreland
Not on where to stay but definitely go get a breakfast burrito Christmas style at Tia Sophia's if you do go to SF
BSD
AG
Sounds right up my alley! Thx.

Kool
AG
Splurge one night and have one of the best meals you'll ever eat in your life at Geronimo's
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
treyyates
AG
My favorite! You have my mouth watering just thinking about it!
Post removed:
by user
wildcat08
AG
Do the slot canyon trail at Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument. It's about an hour drive southwest of Santa Fe, but well worth it.
Post removed:
by user
AgRyan04
Man, I'd just eat and eat and eat.....Santa Fe is our favorite food town

Agree on Tent Rocks....very cool....I *think* I remember it being cash only for entry, I don't see anything on their website about it but it might be a good idea. HOWEVER - it appears they are temporarily inaccessable due to a road closure....not sure on the timeline for that: https://www.blm.gov/visit/kktr

My wife and I hiked together for the first time in Sante Fe National Forest....it was beautiful....but we were dumb and young and didn't have a map so we got terribly lost around dusk. Two old ladies, who were clearly locals, came upon us, saw we were clearly not hikers (at that time) and gave us step by step directions to get us back to the trail head.
dcAg
There is a restaurant a bit outside of Santa Fe but south of the Thunder Buffalo Hilton (I think thats the name) called The [url=https://tesuquevillagemarket.com/][/url]Tesuque Village Market. Was recommended and was excellent. Even my kids like the food there and when they were at that age that was a HUGE good.

[url=https://tesuquevillagemarket.com/][/url]
Whoop Delecto
AG
BMX Bandit
Kool said:

Splurge one night and have one of the best meals you'll ever eat in your life at Geronimo's
if you follow BSD's posts on this forum, its going to have to be one hell of a meal to even crack his top 20!
BSD
AG
Haha. I've heard good things about Geronimo's. It's definitely on the list.

That said, we are still open to going out there next week but I'm not counting on fine dining experiences since restaurants may be closed. I've been busy at work this week so haven't even had time to find an area to stay in. Preferably we want somewhere close to town but close to trails, too. And good coffee.
CanyonAg77
AG
Drive up to Valles Caldera. They limit entry to a couple of dozen cars a day on normal times. Don't know what they are doing now. But if you can get in, well worth the early arrival. If not, it's a pretty drive to there and on to Jemez. Maybe throw in Gilman tunnels, too
YouBet
AG
Santa Fe is an incredible food town. Best pasta dish I've ever had in my life at Trattoria A Mano. It's the Orecchiette Al Sugo. We got the Spaghetti Carbonara as a starter to share. Decadent beyond belief but incredible.
CanyonAg77
AG
Clafloutis in Santa Fe is an amazing French Bakery. If you've never had real French croissants and pastries, you are in for a treat.

I have no idea what they're doing in the current situation.

https://www.clafoutis.biz/
jah003
S
BSD said:

Haha. I've heard good things about Geronimo's. It's definitely on the list.

That said, we are still open to going out there next week but I'm not counting on fine dining experiences since restaurants may be closed. I've been busy at work this week so haven't even had time to find an area to stay in. Preferably we want somewhere close to town but close to trails, too. And good coffee.

I think everything is pretty much take out at this point. Wife and I were there right as restaurants were capped at half capacity. Geronimo's was indeed amazing... but I'm pretty sure they are closed for the time being. We stayed at The Loft at 453 Cerrillos... perfect spot. Walked everywhere.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.