Family Vacation to CO Next Week

5,008 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Phat32
rononeill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Panda- what do you do? I've been talking to ski instructor friends in Breck and they're not near as doom/gloom as you're sounding
JustPanda
AG
I know nothing about SumCo. I avoid it like coronavirus.

TOV announced a state of emergency yesterday on top of the already existing state of Colorado deceleration and the Fed emergency. Eagle Co is considered the "hotspot" in CO. It'll be interesting to see the numbers the next couple of days.
RachAg2007
AG
Locals in Steamboat are petitioning Alterra to close the mountain after 2 confirmed cases in Routt County. Both cases are out of state visitors.
JustPanda
AG
Only loading similar parties on chairlifts at V/BC now. Should help keep distance between people.
rononeill
And they're all closed...
JustPanda
AG
Boom - there it went - best decision of my day was getting out for the last 90 minutes to catch the likely last 15k of the season.

This is gonna sting our economy soo hard. I can't even wrap my head around it right now. Not lying, I'm sitting here kinda numb trying to make sense of what I can do to pay bills.
TailG8TR
AG
All Alterra resorts to close across all of North America !

Alterra Resorts

Steamboat Resort and Winter Park in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah.
RachAg2007
AG
The difference between Wednesday and Saturday is night and day. This will be devastating to the ski resort economies. Hang in there fellow Coloradoans!
fire09
AG
Vail resorts closing next week
JustPanda
AG
It's devastating either way.
BQ2001
AG
Loveland just closed for the rest of the season
The Lost
BQ2001 said:

Loveland just closed for the rest of the season

Backcountry is all that will be open the rest of the year, abasin is the only one that may open, but I bet it's so late, it's only a few runs which is pointless to most of the population
BQ2001
AG
Only silver lining was with my lack of time to ski this year, my Loveland 4 pack was going to go unused. But they are allowing them to be used next year now. Guess the lesson is to go early and often next year.
JustPanda
AG
Anyone traveling to the Vail Valley anytime soon? We're back open!
victory
AG
JustPanda said:

Anyone traveling to the Vail Valley anytime soon? We're back open!
When are restaurant and bars going to be open?
JustPanda
AG
Patios will be opening Friday. Full service inside likely June 1st.
Fairview
AG
I must've missed this. Is this just in Vail or the whole valley? I'd heard about the June 1 date but not the patio thing.
Phat32
AG
We are still headed there for two weeks in August and, assuming I still have employment, are going to stimulate the **** out of the economy.

I love Vail and would never want those people to suffer any more than they have to.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.