What are y'all doing?

3,832 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LondonAg89
mustang90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have plans to go to DC at SB. I know it's not international and don't want to be living in fear. But, I also don't want to increase chances by traveling on a plane. I get it, I can walk in anywhere where I live and contract this virus. But, I feel like I am increasing the chances by traveling. My daughter has asthma and had pneumonia last Fall. It was horrible and killed me to watch her go thru that. I'm struggling with The decision to just go and don't worry, or with the given situation.. maybe cancel.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is staying close to home till this blows over or just doing life like normal.
aggie90
FancyKetchup14
AG
I flew to California last week. Still going to live my life.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
What do you think the percentages are that you'd even catch it? Then AFTER that figure the odds of dying are ballpark 2%.

You likely play with odds like that every single day.
CanyonAg77
AG
As always, the most dangerous thing you will do is drive to the airport.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
We have a trip to Turks and Caicos planned in April. If it were just us I wouldn't be concerned at but it's our six year old daughters first international trip and first airplane ride.
mustang90
Ya, that's the deal. When my children are involved Iworry a little more, especially with dealing with pneumonia in Sep and in and out of hospital. I'm just trying to be careful.. not panicky. It's the uncertainty of everything at this point. But, wanna enjoy vacay and not worry. So we are rescheduling

Hope this all dies down and y'all go in April!!
aggie90
Post removed:
by user
aggiespartan
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

It has shown to hardly be an issue with kids. Most serious cases are with people 60+.
While this is true, I still wouldn't want to get sick and be told by a doctor that I have to quarantine myself (and the entire family) for however long it hangs around.
Dr.Rumack
Going to D.C. and NYC end of next month. We'll mainly be drinking, walking, and eating everything.
KaneIsAble
AG
Leaving for Mexico Saturday!
JMac03
AG
Still taking my kids to Dominican Republic next week.
aglaohfour
AG
We're going to Vail. I considered driving because my dad (65) will be going with us. But I talked it over with him and he said he'd rather fly, so that's what we're going to do.
BMX Bandit
JMac03 said:

Still taking my kids to Dominican Republic next week.
you won't have to worry about coronavirus there. you will get murdered before catching anything.
rcaper
Jamaica Mon
rcaper
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I am giving serious consideration to going to someplace awesome and faking a quarantine. I don't do social media, so nobody at work would know I was on the beach or fishing for a couple weeks while I was supposedly locked in my room.
wangus12
AG
We're going to Europe in June. Will buy insurance just in case, but I'm not overly concerned. We're young and healthy.
TXTransplant
I just paid the balance on a $$$ trip to Alaska with National Geographic in early June. I opted for no trip insurance, because we've been traveling for the past 5 years and have never needed to cancel or change anything.

If Nat Geo opts to cancel, then I would get my $ back. But, as long as the trip is still on, we will go.
The Lost
I fly to sfo weekly consulting. Hand sanitizer and wipes and life is fine.

Dfw for colonial in May, Chicago July, Hawaii in August. Not the most exciting schedule but not changing my ways.
JMac03
AG
My honeymoon clients going to Italy just submitted for cancellation. I feel bad for them - most of their trip was non-refundable because they got insurance, which most likely will not cover anything. I am hoping since they are traveling to a Level 4 Travel Advisory that they may have some recourse.

Such a bummer for them.
TXAggie2011
AG
Wash your hands and don't pick your nose or chew on your fingernails. Enjoy your vacation.
Potcake
AG
We have a week on a catamaran on Amalfi coast planned for last week of May. As of now, all we've paid is deposit on boat. We don't owe anything else till April 23, so we'll make a call by then. :/
Hoyt Ag
AG
I leave for Thailand a week from tomorrow. Looking forward to empty beaches and lots of fun in the sun.
HHAG
AG
On vacation in Maui at the moment. The crowds are a little smaller than normal.
jbeaman88
AG
Just got word our Princess cruise out of San Fran to Hawaii on Saturday has been cancelled due to Covid concerns. Full refund plus free cruise at a future date. Still planning on flying to SFO tomorrow and then going on to Hawaii for a few days for 30th anniversary.
TXCityAggie
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

I leave for Thailand a week from tomorrow. Looking forward to empty beaches and lots of fun in the sun.
Please report back about your trip. I'm going in a couple of months and hoping it will be less crowded and Chinese tour group free!
10Aggie10
AG
hennyj15 said:

We have a trip to Turks and Caicos planned in April. If it were just us I wouldn't be concerned at but it's our six year old daughters first international trip and first airplane ride.

If you end up going (and we end up going), and you're there, maybe we can muster together
fido00
AG
Headed with the wife and kids to the Dominican Republic for the week! Looking forward to a nice beach and strong drink.
JMac03
AG
fido00 said:

Headed with the wife and kids to the Dominican Republic for the week! Looking forward to a nice beach and strong drink.
Where are you staying? We leave Saturday for Hard Rock. After 4 days we will switch to Now Onyx.
fido00
AG
We will be at the Royalton Punta Cana.
aglaohfour
AG
I was really surprised today when someone in my local mom group asked who was canceling spring break travel plans, and the majority of people said that they'd decided to cancel trips and stay home. Then AA pinged me with an upgrade to first offer for our flights for $300 per person, substantially down from the offer they sent yesterday for $800. When I checked the seat availability, economy was maybe 2/3 full and first class was completely empty, whereas there were only a handful of seats available when I booked. Kind of hoping this means we're in for smaller crowds at the resorts than usual.
mustang90
OP here. When you care more about your kid than a trip. Then that says a lot. On points and miles, so no loss. Y'all enjoy and don't WHINE when things turn upside down. Which at this point is a 50/50. Thanks for the smart ass and good replies. We will see DC when all blows over. Y'all get ya some. Some vacay.. relaxing time. That's what I mean.
aggie90
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Wait, so you ask what people are doing, not everyone agrees with panicking and canceling, and now you're indignant about it?

So you really weren't asking for opinions, you were fishing for people to agree with you.
LondonAg89
AG
Leaving for NYC tomorrow with 13 year old.
mustang90
Jock 07
AG
Suppose to drive down to the del next weekend. I still want to go but wife is hesitant. Trying to use an annual stay certificate before it expires at the end of the month. Emailed Hilton to see if they could push the expiration date, mainly because the forecast has gone to **** within the past couple of days.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.