Corona Virus and International travel

43,586 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Phat32
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
good on them!
TXCityAggie
AG
nosoupforyou said:

May 23... sure it could happen still..

I think we get back to work in midApril and travel back in May

Right?
Man I hope so!
Phat32
AG
Hate to say it but if the company is refunding a non-refundable fate, we should be very appreciative.

Part of the discounted fare is you accepting the risk that something could **** up your plans.

htxag09
AG
yukmonkey said:

Hate to say it but if the company is refunding a non-refundable fate, we should be very appreciative.

Part of the discounted fare is you accepting the risk that something could **** up your plans.
Generally I agree. But when the company's are getting billions of dollars in bail out and assistance money, that changes things slightly.

Also, most non refundable fares are still refundable if flights are cancelled, hotels closed, etc. Now, if the flight is still operating and the hotel still open, and they're still offering refunds, yes, that's above and beyond the t&c's you signed up for.
AggieKO
AG
Has there been any restrictions to Mexico/Honduras through April?
78669AG
AggieKO said:

Has there been any restrictions to Mexico/Honduras through April?

I thought Honduras shut down their borders? A group from lake travis was stuck their
FancyKetchup14
AG
What are yalls guesses on when international travel opens up?

I'm thinking (hoping) September everyone is back to normal.
M.C. Swag
AG
September? Man, I sure as hell hope it's sooner than that. If we're still under travel bans through the summer...that's a death blow to the travel/hospitality industry.

I, personally, was hoping things would "normalize" by June 1 (Just an arbitrary date that would give us over 8 weeks of aggressive shut down).
FancyKetchup14
AG
When I said September I meant full-blown, everyone is open for business, international travel.

I think some countries will start to open over the summer.

I have some close kiwi friends who said their tourism people are expecting borders to be open by August 1st.
Spore Ag
Australia is starting to flatten the curve but Southern Hemisphere is approaching their own flu season
78669AG
Spore Ag said:

Australia is starting to flatten the curve but Southern Hemisphere is approaching their own flu season

They shut down their borders and didn't even let their own citizens who were overseas back in
twk
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

What are yalls guesses on when international travel opens up?

I'm thinking (hoping) September everyone is back to normal.
If things aren't back to normal sometime in June, we're in real trouble economically.

They expect another wave in the Fall, but at that point, the strategy will have to change from mass lockdown to isolation for vulnerable individuals and perhaps widespread usage of masks. If they spend the next few months manufacturing tests, ventilators, masks, and hydroxychloronique or other effective treatments, hopefully, we'll be able to weather the next wave without killing the economy. But, at some point, the economic cost becomes so great that it cannot be ignored. I think that point is much closer to occurring that public health experts would like to think (understandably so).
Phat32
AG
Other diseases caused by close contact (flu etc) should be in almost complete free-fall with the lockdown measures used against COVID-19.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.