Reykjavik, Iceland bachelor party

1,470 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieMainland
AggieMainland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Decided to go non-traditional and head to Iceland for a buddies bachelor party. More of trip than a bachelor party. Group of 7 or 8. We will be there for 4 days. Any suggestions?
90 bull
AG
Don't plan on drinking much - alcohol is hella expensive. A lot of great outdoors to see. In the spirit of a bachelor party, go to the ***** museum.

https://phallus.is/en/
schmendeler
AG
Bang a wildling
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Username doesn't fit on this one.
Spore Ag
Drinks are expensive but I seem to remember duty free is decent and much better if you take the ferry. See folks loaded down with 2 wheelies carting off cases of beer.
Shiner Bock
AG
Airfare cheap, everything else expensive
bthotugigem05
AG
Buy your booze in duty free on the way into the country but really I'd spend time exploring that amazing country instead of boozing it up in Reykjavik.
YouBet
AG
Spore Ag said:

Drinks are expensive but I seem to remember duty free is decent and much better if you take the ferry. See folks loaded down with 2 wheelies carting off cases of beer.
What ferry are you talking about? The only ferry I'm aware of is to/from Vestmannaeyjabr. Alcohol is cheaper there than main island? Very confused.
YouBet
AG
AggieMainland said:

Decided to go non-traditional and head to Iceland for a buddies bachelor party. More of trip than a bachelor party. Group of 7 or 8. We will be there for 4 days. Any suggestions?
When are you going? If in summer, do a SuperJeep tour. They will take you inland where you can see geography you otherwise wouldn't see. If going in winter, I would do snowmobile tours. The hiking is badass.

Would really only spend 1 day in Reykjavik doing the party scene. Rest of it should be spent outdoors.

On drinking: we found that cocktails were minimum of $20-25, wine was more reasonable and closer to American per glass prices although still a little more (very limited options so if you are a wine guy temper your expectations), with beer being your best bang for buck.
nonameag99
All liquor stores are govt owned and the close at like 5pm

Some gas stations have beer
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Spore Ag
You can take the ferry from Copenhagen which stops at Torshaun in the Faroes. It used to go to stop in Bergan and the Shetlands.
Matsui
AG
Sounds terrible
Spore Ag
N. Atlantic crossing is so fun that we are doings S. Atlantic crossing next week.
rcaper
Be advised all meat is from local horses....
rcaper
YouBet
AG
Spore Ag said:

You can take the ferry from Copenhagen which stops at Torshaun in the Faroes. It used to go to stop in Bergan and the Shetlands.

Probably cool but not sure why the OP would fly past his destination on a 10+ hour flight to Denmark to turn around and track back west to travel on a 55 hr ferry from Copenhagen to Iceland. All to save a few dollars on a cocktail.
Spore Ag
You never know how people travel, I did it from the Faroes which was a blast.
Have had friends take Turkish Air to Hamburg from Houston. That does not work for me.
AggieMainland
Matsui said:

Sounds terrible

I personally hate the idea. Should have just gone to Vegas/NOLA IMO.
AggieMainland
YouBet said:

AggieMainland said:

When are you going? If in summer, do a SuperJeep tour. They will take you inland where you can see geography you otherwise wouldn't see. If going in winter, I would do snowmobile tours. The hiking is badass.

Would really only spend 1 day in Reykjavik doing the party scene. Rest of it should be spent outdoors.

On drinking: we found that cocktails were minimum of $20-25, wine was more reasonable and closer to American per glass prices although still a little more (very limited options so if you are a wine guy temper your expectations), with beer being your best bang for buck.

Going in summer. SuperJeep tour sounds perfect. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.