Bachelor Party in NYC

1,692 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by spongeboob_squaresharts
spongeboob_squaresharts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heading up to NYC for a weekend bachelor party as the best man. Any must-dos for a bunch of guys in their mid-20s? Preferably would like to stay away from the tourist traps and attractions.

T&Gs
dallasag_123
Bar hop in the east village.
HeightsAg
How much money are you looking to blow?
spongeboob_squaresharts
AG
HeightsAg said:

I've financially prepped myself for about $1,000 excluding airfare and lodging
AggieOO
So a day and a half?
ATM9000
AG
salmon_says said:

HeightsAg said:

I've financially prepped myself for about $1,000 excluding airfare and lodging
For 3 days in the city and you want it to be badass? You better financially prep yourself to spend more.
strohag
AG
That 1k May cover your bar tab for the weekend. That city is expensive. Probably the last place I'd want to have a bachelor party. Good luck!
bthotugigem05
AG
Go visit McSorley's for some great beer and history
CrottyKid
AG
Should have gone to Montreal. Everyone in NYC goes to Montreal for the bachelor party.
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
I live in NYC, do your research and make dinner reservations if you're trying to go out to eat. If you have a group over 4 people and you're within a month it may tough to do.

Liquor is going to run you $16 - $24 a drink and beers will run you $6 - $10.

If you want to avoid the tourist traps, then just avoid them. Don't drink in / very near times square.

I'd recommend popping around the East Village, Hells Kitchen, and Greenwich to drink.

Some of my favorite bars in NYC thus far are: The NoMad Bar ($$$), Bar Pisellino ($$$), Dead Rabbit, but they may not be the most bachelor party type bar; so do your research.

Definitely hit an NYC rooftop bar, here's a list from the NY Times. Some others that I've been to are Mr. Purple in SoHo and Refinery Rooftop in Midtown.

All in all be prepared to spend a bit but enjoy the city.
spongeboob_squaresharts
AG
This is exactly what I was looking for.

I have reservations at Gallaghers Steakhouse. I know it's a bit closer to Times Square and whatnot, but would you say it's a worthwhile stop?
BrokeAssAggie
Went to Buddakan last year and was a cool spot with good food and drinks.

https://buddakannyc.com/

This is a good lunch spot. Lots of local craft brews on tap

http://www.thejeffreynyc.com/food/

streetfighter2012
AG
Not sure if it's the right "vibe" for bachelor party but Bathtub Gin is a pretty cool hidden bar they my wife and I really enjoyed. The Campbell inside Grand Central might be worth checking out as well. McSorley's mentioned above is a fun stop as well and cheap for NYC pricing.
cab559
AG
Buddakhan is great.

Avoid Gallagher's. That is the tourist trap of steakhouses.
BrokeAssAggie
streetfighter2012 said:

Not sure if it's the right "vibe" for bachelor party but Bathtub Gin is a pretty cool hidden bar they my wife and I really enjoyed. The Campbell inside Grand Central might be worth checking out as well. McSorley's mentioned above is a fun stop as well and cheap for NYC pricing.

We had plans to make it over to the Bathtub Gin but didn't get over there. Looks like a fun spot too. Might even run into a bachelorette party there.
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
I haven't personally been to Gallaghers, but asked a colleague of mine and he highly recommended it.

He also recommended Cote (cool NYC korean steakhouse) and Keen's (old school NYC steakhouse).
spongeboob_squaresharts
AG
I tried to get reservations at Keen's but all they had was like 5pm or 10pm so no go on that, but good to know when I return!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.