London and Paris

1,314 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by texasaggie04
chick79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I are looking to make a trip late summer/early fall to London and Paris. Probably 7 or 8 days. It's her first time and it's been years since I've been. Any tips on travel agents, etc....?
schmendeler
AG
Rick Steves books
Wicked Good Ag
We just got back from Paris. Depending on what you like to do there are tons of options but our highlights during the trip were Palace of Versailles Catacombs and Eiffel Tower and all the gardens located in the center of Paris
Food wise we would just stop in a local cafe for lunch or early breakfast and ate dinner at a couple of nicer places but we had kids in tow

Parts of Paris are a bit dirty and traffic isn't something I would want to navigate so I would try to budget more money for Uber type transportation

Always_Right
AG
Here is a good thread with a lot of information from last year.

Texags London and Paris Thread
Wicked Good Ag
As for food in Paris
If you go to the other thread we ate at the Bouillion Chartier place and also the one in the Paris by mouth website called Chez Dumonet which was like 80 feet from our AirBnB in the Montparnasse area of Paris. Loved the Chez Dumonet place
Also ate at Bistro Burger with the kids in same basic area.
We should have done more research on eating but plan was more to pop in and pop out during the day and that didn't work as well as we wanted.
Missed out on Cafe Constant near the Eiffel Tower which was really good according to some in line in front of us at the Catacombs but never made it there

The food at Mulian Rouge show looked good but we just did the show and drinks
JMac03
AG
I am happy to quote flights if you like - I can sometimes save clients money on them (booked some just this week for another Texag person).

I in theory can do the entire trip however Europe is not my specialty. I've done quite a few of them - but I generally do not get in the weeds with planning them. I have been to both London and Paris but both were very short trips and didn't really see many of the sites.
texasaggie04
AG
Paris by mouth food tour was great, and I'm not a foodie.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.