Costa Rica Whitewater (sarapiqui) location

917 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
sprintermike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heading to Costa Rica and have a free weekend on the front end. Considering doing two days in the Sarapiqui area to do whitewater and rainforest touring.
We'd like to stay local to the area instead of coming back to San Jose for the night.
Does anyone know what is close to the whitewater put-in/take out area? Not sure how long the Sarapiqui river is and I don't want to book a place that ends up being just as far as San Jose.
Thanks!
Senator Blutarski
AG
Can't help with that river, but we did a two day trip on the Paquare river (stayed in a cabin / lodge about 1/3 of the way down) that was one of the best floats of my life.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
My Costa Rica rafting almost ended my rafting career and time on this earth. They stacked our boat with 3 scrawny 13 year olds, an old man, my wife and I. Within 5 minutes the raft tipped because the weight distribution was ****ed, dumped my wife and I, and then stuck on top of us. After what seemed like 5 minutes the raft bumped off, then my wife slipped off me and we were free floating in some serious rapids. The corralled us with the rescue ropes. We found out later that someone died from a internal organ injury in that spot the week before. My advice is if you meet your guide and you aren't comfortable with the situation get another guide. Ours was relegated to the photography canoe after our accident even though we didn't complain at all
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.