Very scary plane landing video

1,578 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fire09
BusterAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talk about pucker factor:

https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/17/watch-pilot-lands-394-ton-a380-sideways-as-storm-dennis-rages
histag10
AG
It looks like it was just hovering over the runway for a while.
Tabasco
AG
Seems fake but apparently is not. I was wondering WTF was I watching? The article said gusts up to 68 kilometers, which is only 42mph.
Ag with kids
AG
histag10 said:

It looks like it was just hovering over the runway for a while.
Ground effect...
Spore Ag
The landing on the 380 is automatic with little if any pilot input. Is this right?
2wealfth Man
AG
People are praising the pilots but I question their sanity attempting a landing in those conditions. Not worth the potential risks.
bthotugigem05
AG
Spore Ag said:

The landing on the 380 is automatic with little if any pilot input. Is this right?
It's capable of an ILS III landing, but that's not what this was. I'm actually really surprised the pilot didn't de-crab the jet to line up with the runway, that landing gear had to be holding on for dear life.
fire09
AG
380 demonstrated xw component is 38kts, looked like a good crab and kick to me. Have to hold rudder and wing down through the float or you lose centerline, and a 380 doesn't have much room on either side of the mains. Passengers probably felt nothing until all the wheels were on the ground
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.