Global Entry Renewal Question

1,468 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by flown-the-coop
hds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With all the reports of a super long back log, I logged in Tuesday (Feb 11) to renew Global Entry for teenager and me (expires 12/2020). I just received emails saying our application was approved and the expiration date was now 5 years later. That seemed way too easy? Anyone else renewed GE and not have to go for an interview? I had read we would have to go in for a follow up interview . . . just want to see if anyone else has had the same experience.
sts7049
AG
when i renewed mine last time i didn't need an interview. i think this was in late 2018?
AustinScubaAg
AG
No interview for renewal. Renawals are usually processed fairly quickly. The backlog is for new applications.
BO297
Did you have to set up a new log in and password? I am being redirected to login.gov, but it will not accept my old username and password. I am having to register new ones. I am worried I will not be able to renew if I do that.
hds
AG
I had a GOES user name/pw and a login.gov user name/pw. I started with GOES site and was redirected to login.gov site. I don't know when I created them but had them noted on my previous paperwork. Sorry not much help. Once I was logged in it took very little time to verify information. The hardest part was remembering every country visited in last 5 years.
AustinAG
AG
I had the same renewal experience. Just got my new ID card in the mail.
GeographyAg
AG
I just renewed mine and had the same experience. They say there's a back log, but maybe that's for the more complicated applications.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
flown-the-coop
AG
Login.gov is used for a variety of systems. If I recall, create a new login.gov then you will link your GOES.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.