San Diego

1,670 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BQ78
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a conference for work in April and am bringing the wife the weekend before to hang out.

I'm pretty sure we're going to the zoo the first day but am hoping to get some other fun ideas in the area. It has been a really long time since I have been there... we'll probably head to the gas lamp district one night.

What else is cool to do?
Wicked Good Ag
Noble Experiment
USS Midway
Sunset Cliffs

Petco Park for a Padres game if they are in town.

Punked Shank
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Noble Experiment
USS Midway
Sunset Cliffs

Petco Park for a Padres game if they are in town.

Definitely a Padres game. Probably the nicest stadium.

Also just do a search on Sam Diego on Texags. There's been probably 10 threads in the last 10 months.

Cool hikes in the county as well if you're into the outdoors
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thanks! I am going to take some customers out to Petro Park during that week. It looks really nice.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yeah, sorry about that. Should have looked a little more...

Would love to hear about the hiking!
SW AG80
AG
Might be late for whale watching in that area, but if not take a whale watching trip. Drive up the coast to LaJolla and Del Mar. Great places to eat up there.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Hotel Coronodo is a nice half day trip... take the ferry across from downtown, you can walk to the beach side, or Uber, have lunch or dinner, walk the beach.

I also like La Jolla and Seal beach. One of those typically has people hang gliding off the cliffs (but don't look down, nude beach below)

E
AG
Go for a hike at Torrey Pines park
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Greatly appreciate all of the feedback!

We'll be staying at Mission Bay and I don't plan on renting a car. I will if it is highly recommended.
Punked Shank
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Yeah, sorry about that. Should have looked a little more...

Would love to hear about the hiking!

It was more advice because you'll see more than just what people reply here!

Potato chip hike is the biggest one. Do it early am as it gets crowded. Good photo op
oldarmy76
Just went in January and would say hiking the Ho Chi Minh trail down to the beach was probably the coolest thing we did. Also would suggest checking out little Italy instead of gas lamp.
Potcake
AG
Running along marina or steps at Convention Center is nice for a workout.
Mickey & Lous is cool steak and seafood place
+1 on Padres game if possible
DON'T go watch Aggies in a bowl game against Cal
Punked Shank
AG
Also if you wan to see:

The SD version of Corpus Christi? OceanBeach or Oceanside

College 2.0 sh! and people watching? Pacific Beach

Seals and sea lions and tourist? La Jolla

Nice beaches and surf? Del Mar through Carlsbad

A nice sunset and dinner on the beach? Jakes in Del Mar. the ribs and calamari and drinks are really good. Sit in the bar area and I might see you. Good happy hour

Dangerous mai tails and a sick view of the harbor and downtown? Bali hai on shelter island by the airport. I went last weekend for the first time. It's really legit.

Want to fly around the bay and coast? $100 bucks and little lying about wanting to do pilot school will get you and your wife into a plane and you can take control. I did this last year bc I was thinking about pilot school and they let me bring a friend and I did the take off, recovered an intentional stall, and flew thru the bay with an instructor. Everything but takeoff. Coast Pilot school in kerney Mesa. Seriously, best $100 I've ever spent

AgFB
AG
We enjoyed the trolley tour of the city...it's hop on and off at your own pace so gives you a pretty good look at the city. Drivers were knowledgeable and entertaining.

We also did the land/seat bus tour that took us out to see seals and the dolphin training area the military uses. Pretty cool.
Jefe07
AG
coastsrs said:

Also if you wan to see:

The SD version of Corpus Christi? OceanBeach or Oceanside

College 2.0 sh! and people watching? Pacific Beach

Seals and sea lions and tourist? La Jolla

Nice beaches and surf? Del Mar through Carlsbad

A nice sunset and dinner on the beach? Jakes in Del Mar. the ribs and calamari and drinks are really good. Sit in the bar area and I might see you. Good happy hour

Dangerous mai tails and a sick view of the harbor and downtown? Bali hai on shelter island by the airport. I went last weekend for the first time. It's really legit.

Want to fly around the bay and coast? $100 bucks and little lying about wanting to do pilot school will get you and your wife into a plane and you can take control. I did this last year bc I was thinking about pilot school and they let me bring a friend and I did the take off, recovered an intentional stall, and flew thru the bay with an instructor. Everything but takeoff. Coast Pilot school in kerney Mesa. Seriously, best $100 I've ever spent

Bali Hai mai tai's are my jam. Or so I hear because I never remember afterwards.

Ocean Beach is a great place to visit several breweries without having to drive anywhere. I think there are like 5-7 or so now within walking distance to each other. Hodads is a famous burger place also in OB.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
We stayed in Ocean Beach recently and it is a cool area. Plenty of little bars and restaurants. Plenty of college girls on the beach. I would recommend a rental car, but Uber might be a good alternative. Ocean beach is a bit of a drive from Gas Lamp, and the zoo isn't next to either, so uber might get expensive. I didn't have any issues with traffic.
Punked Shank
AG
Actually haven't had hodads yet. But on the same note, I love Rockys in crown point. Cash only and small but awesome as well.

Also my favorite wing place is in Pb at Dirty Birds. Try to go every time I'm in that part of town which is increasingly more rare as I get older
Jefe07
AG
I'm not a big wing guy, but maybe I'll try it next time we are out there.

And if you're looking for divey in PB, try Taco Surf. Their burritos are awesome. Right there on Mission.
BQ78
AG
Ballast Point Brewery near Miramar is nice, decent food and some good beers you can only get at the brewery.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.