Miami Recommendations

995 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
Admiral_ZAX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 13hr layover in Miami coming up. Any good day trip ideas??
Potcake
AG
Calle Ocho is pretty cool. We had a 6 hr layover a couple of years ago and went to South Beach. What a downer, it was Hip-Hop Weekend. Lot's of posers. We hung out at a couple of places and went back to airport.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Definitely check out South Beach and the art deco buildings if you've never been. But, drinks over there are super expensive so, I recommend giving this brewery a try. I was there with some work mates back in August and really enjoyed it.

Veza Sur
https://vezasur.com/
55 NW 25th St. Miami, FL 33127
ATM9000
AG
Eh... just go to the beach. Wife has a lot of family in Miami and particularly in Calle Ocho. Miami as a whole isn't a very nice city outside of the beach. Outside of the food, Calle Ocho isn't a very nice area and there truly isn't much there,

South Beach is expensive and certain areas are super cheesy, but it is a very unique area and you can spend the entire day in the area just walking around, eating and drinking well and going to art galleries and cool shapes even if you don't want to go to the beach itself.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Potcake said:

Calle Ocho is pretty cool. We had a 6 hr layover a couple of years ago and went to South Beach. What a downer, it was Hip-Hop Weekend. Lot's of posers. We hung out at a couple of places and went back to airport.
I've stayed in South Beach twice in the past 5 years. My conclusion is that every weekend is hip-hop weekend.
Texaggie7nine
If you end up touring around the city, a buddy of mine has a brewery in the Wynwood district that has all the cool painted walls on buildings. It's Wynwood brewing. It's worth a stop by for some beers.
7nine
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.