Hoover Adam private tours?

1,025 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Out in Left Field
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recs? I'm taking my son and his buddy to the area over Spring Break and I'm not a fan of tour busses. I don't mine driving a rental out either but thought some guided tour info would be cool.

Edit : Hoover Dam (not Adam)
schmendeler
AG
Hoover Adam sounds like the guy from Reno 911 on the roller skates hanging out at intersections.
Jock 07
AG
Didn't research it myself this past summer when I went. We wound up just renting a car and driving out there first thing in the morning. If you're going be sure to get the extended tour if you want to see everything.
JoeAggie5
You already mentioned, but definitely don't waste time with a dam bus tour. Made it drag out way longer than it should and our particular dam tour it was basically get off the bus, do a dam walk around.

I have to assume there is a more interesting dam tour offered at the dam site.

Also be ready for some dam jokes on your dam tour.
BSD
AG
Dam right. My 11 yr old is living it up already with all these dam jokes.
BSD
AG
Yeah, after more research, I'm thinking of renting a car and hitting it early in the day to be back at Bouchon by lunch.
schmendeler
AG
we went with another couple and rented a limo from vegas to take us there and back. it wasn't super expensive and made it fun/special.

there were two tiers of tour. the first is a standard tour that leaves like every hour on the hour. the second is more in depth and only goes once or twice a day (IIRC). it was booked up at the time we went.
gindaloon
AG
Helicopter tour.
BSD
AG
gindaloon said:

Helicopter tour.

We've already done that. You see it but you don't experience it.
Out in Left Field
AG
Do the Dam Tour not just the Powerplant Tour. You get to go deeper and see more stuff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.