Visiting Banff, AB for Honeymoon

1,480 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wessimo
rak1693
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My fiancee and I will be staying at Rimrock Resort in Banff for our honeymoon at the end of the month. Aside from typical honeymoon activities and skiing, what would y'all suggest that we try out? This will be our first time in Banff. We will not have a rental car so we will ride the shuttles everywhere.
TXTransplant
The Fairmont Banff Springs is a stunning hotel. It's definitely worth a visit to wander the grounds, inside and out, especially with snow. They also have a fantastic spa, and I would highly recommend an afternoon with a spa treatment. This gives you access to the common area that has multiple different waterfall pools, a mineral pool, a hot tub, and steam and sauna rooms. One of the restaurants would probably be nice for a romantic dinner.

You can also do an ice walk in Johnston Canyon, which I think would be amazing. The canyon and it's waterfalls are beautiful. I think seeing it all frozen would be a very unique experience.
OilManAg91
AG
Catch the bus or rent a car and go to Lake Louise and spend the day at the Fairmont Lake Louise having lunch and walking across the frozen lake. Very magical place in the winter.
TXTransplant
OilManAg91 said:

Catch the bus or rent a car and go to Lake Louise and spend the day at the Fairmont Lake Louise having lunch and walking across the frozen lake. Very magical place in the winter.

The afternoon tea service at the Fairmont Lake Louise is freaking delicious, especially the desserts.
thisguy05
AG
We honeymooned at Lake Louise. Highly recommend it.

In addition to skiing, you can skate on the lake and go dogsledding.

Enjoy!
rak1693
AG
That all sounds very cool. The Johnston Canyon icewalk at night seems incredible after looking into it. Dog sledding and ice skating seem really cool in Lake Louise. I've been snowmobiling at other places but have never dog sledded. That seems like a blast. We'll definitely spend time at a spa too, that's a must
wessimo
AG
Don't want to start a new thread. Anybody have experience going there for spring break (mid March) with kids?
OilManAg91
AG
Check out Baker Creek Mountain resort as it is a great place to stay with kids.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I would rent a car
rak1693
AG
Any thoughts on restaurants in town?
TXTransplant
We mostly ate casual. Park Distillery was good, as was the Chinese place up on the hill by the Fairmont Banff Springs. It's served family style, so you get tons of food.

There is also a retro 70s-style fondue place that came highly recommended, if you don't mind smelling like oil when you leave. We didn't eat there, but I heard it's a unique experience.

In addition to the afternoon tea service, the Fairmont Lake Louise has a cheese fondue at Walliser Stube that is delicious. You can get it as an appetizer or an entree (entree version comes with some fantastic smoked meats).

All of the restaurants at the Fairmont Banff Springs are gorgeous. We only ate at the Waldhaus Pub and the breakfast buffet, but the food at both was very good, and I wouldn't hesitate to eat at any of the other restaurants there.
Aggiewes
AG
OilManAg91 said:

Check out Baker Creek Mountain resort as it is a great place to stay with kids.
2nd this. Baker Creek is incredible.
TXTransplant
Just saw this in my Instagram feed.

https://www.banfflakelouise.com/snowdays

Snow Days sounds like some sort of winter festival. It runs from Jan 15-26. The snow and ice sculpture sound neat.
AlaskanAg08
AG
I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm headed up the 2nd week of Feb and was wondering what we are going to do for a few days!
wessimo
AG
What did you like about Baker Creek? It looks nice but we are leaning towards staying closer to Banff so that we will have better access to a variety of restaurants.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.