Costa Rica for Spring Break

1,634 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag CPA
Mr. McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the best area for a family of three. My son is 11 and loves the outdoors. Looking in the La Fortuna area but open for others.

tia
PoppaB05
AG
http://texags.com/forums/54/topics/3032924/1

Lot of good information here
JMac03
AG
Most of my clients do the Guanacaste area, but mainly because they want all-inclusive resorts. La Fortuna area is nice - lots of hotels/dining. A lot of their higher end hotel/resorts have pools fed from natural hot springs - we enjoyed that. I wished I could have spent more time there. My goal when I go back is to spend half the time at an AI in Gunacaste and then several days in Fortuna or other areas.

If you want any recommendations on AI resorts let me know.
10andBOUNCE
AG
If you don't have any desire to play at the beach, La Fortuna is great. Otherwise, the coast near Tamarindo or the Manuel Antonio area would be my suggestions.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I am thinking of splitting the trip into 2 segments. Beach time and rainforest/volcano.
JMac03
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

I am thinking of splitting the trip into 2 segments. Beach time and rainforest/volcano.
When I go back, I will definitely be doing this. It is such a beautiful country and I don't want to spend the entire time at a resort.
Alexhereandnow
If you're looking to explore the outdoors you HAVE to check this place out.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23976919

It's called Finca 360 and is about 1.25 hour drive just east of La Fortuna (closer to San Jose airport).

Rosie Woodward, owner of the house, grew up in Costa Rica. She is now married to a professor at A&M (Richard) and lives in College Station.

Rosie does an amazing job of setting you up with local guides, making delicious food, and providing a truly authentic trip.

All of our groups go to Finca 360 and love it.

Send Rosie a note here: rosie@costaricanspecialties.com
SquirrellyDan
AG
I highly recommend Guanacaste area. Amazing scenery, beaches off the beaten path, often all to yourself, and it's much less of a hastle (and safer) flying into Liberia as opposed to San Jose. We always rent a car, go to the Hyatt Andaz, and spend at least one day at the nearby Playa Cabuyal, a beautiful, secluded, free beach you can visit and see maybe 5 other people the whole day.
rcaper
Stay at Peace Lodge ....awesome place!!
rcaper
Ag CPA
AG
We did this trip for spring break 5-6 years ago, split between The Springs close to Arenal/La Fortuna and the Four Seasons on the Pacific just west of LIR. Not pushing either resort but the idea of splitting your trip between the interior and the coastal areas is a good way to go when you have a full week to work with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.