Grapevine

2,129 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag CPA
montejr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Booked a couple nights for family at Gaylord coming in from Houston.

Looking for some good food suggestions? Also, any tips staying at Gaylord?
bam02
AG
Do ICE! if it's open obviously. If it's during the holidays the town of Grapevine is a lot of fun. For burgers I remember enjoying Jake's.

If you can swing it a night at the Great Wolf is fun for little ones too.
Wicked Good Ag
Grapevine wine train is a good one for the adults for a half evening if the two times they offer fit your schedule.

We are at a hole in wall type place last time we were there. I think it is Iron something with some good sides and CFS was way above average. I can try to get the name if interested. Otherwise you got Great Wolf and Gaylord right next door to each other for most part
JMac03
AG
Be prepared that food is pricey. Not sure when you are going, but at super peak times they turn many of the regular restaurants into buffets and charge out the wazoo. We stayed at Great Wolf Lodge on 12/26 last year and Gaylord 12/27 and it was a madhouse. Took over an hour to check in (even in the priority line), regular restaurants had 2+ hour wait to eat except the restaurants they turned into buffets and I think it was over $35 a person and like $15-$20 for my beanpole 8 year old. I want to say dinner for 3 of us was like $110+ and breakfast was around $90+ for the buffets.

It is cheaper if not peak pricing.
montejr
AG
We're going December 5-7. Definitely open go outside dining recs. Our rooms come with 4 tickets to ICE.
chris1515
AG
You're pretty close to Hard 8 bbq in Coppell. It's worth checking out if you're not familiar with them.

OldAg92
AG
Babe's Chicken Dinner House in Roanoke is worth the short drive (and likely wait, unless you get there pretty early for dinner)
AV8ORAG84
AG
There is a hard 8 in roanoke actoss the street from babes
Every day is a Holiday, Every Meal is a Banquet, My upperclassmen treat me like a brother, God I LOVE IT HERE!!!!
Jack Klompus
AG
montejr said:

We're going December 5-7. Definitely open go outside dining recs. Our rooms come with 4 tickets to ICE.
There is a separate line for ICE for hotel guests. Don't get stuck in the line with the regular folk not staying at the hotel.
montejr
AG
Thanks for the help. Some good tips and places.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Bobs steak and chop grapevine
Taverna Rossa Southlake
Del Frisco southlake
Reno reds Roanoke
Perry's grapevine (pork chop)
Main Street bakery grapevine (breakfast)

TAMUallen
AG
Meat U Anywhere bbq in gvine over hard 8s imho
Pahdz
Esparza's in downtown Grapevine
montejr
AG
Thanks again. Headed out tomorrow. I'll report back.
FriendlyAg
These suggestions made me cringe.

Esparza's? Really? I guess if you grew up in North Texas and call that thing you eat in the morning with Eggs and a tortilla a "burrito".

Del Frisco's? Perry's? At least Dino's is local, original, and on Main Street..

Ol_Ag_02
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Esparza's? Really? I guess if you grew up in North Texas and call that thing you eat in the morning with Eggs and a tortilla a "burrito".

I mean. Sure I included Perry's, Del Frisco's and Tavernna Rossa along with some true one-off restaurants. It's not like I told him to go to Saltgrass or Pappadeaux. But sure. Continue on with you sanctimonious ******baggery.
Pahdz
It's been 12 years since I lived there and only ever got margaritas and fajitas there. Sue me, they weren't terrible and the location is good.
FriendlyAg
Ol_Ag_02 said:

FriendlyAg said:

I mean. Sure I included Perry's, Del Frisco's and Tavernna Rossa along with some true one-off restaurants. It's not like I told him to go to Saltgrass or Pappadeaux. But sure. Continue on with you sanctimonious ******baggery.

Cheers. I like the banter. That made me laugh. Well played.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

FriendlyAg said:

Good man. At least now I know to go to Dino's.
montejr
AG
Post visit update:

Meat U Anywhere BBQ - Really great rec!

Big Fish - Fantastic! The best fried calamari I can remember. Also, good fish and chips with hush puppies.

Riverwalk Cantina (In Gaylord) - Okay and expensive.

Overall, I suggest leaving the Gaylord for your dining options.

Downtown Grapevine - The lights and decorations are perfect. Really great experience.

Gaylord:

ICE - pretty cool seeing the ice sculptures and letting kids experience 9 degrees

Ice Skating - Went Friday afternoon and practically had it to ourselves.

Snow Tubing - Again went Friday afternoon and kids could go as many times as they wanted with no line.

The dcor is out of the world amazing. It's definitely a good experience for this time of year.

Thanks again for all the recs...And maybe next time I'll include a stop at Perry's and Del Frisco's
Ag CPA
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

FriendlyAg said:

He ropes you in with the "FriendlyAg" handle.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.