Athens Ga trip

843 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Kool
DantheAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I are going to Athens next week for the game. We will be getting in to Atlanta on Thursday and leave Sunday. What areas in Atlanta should we stay to be close to restaurants and bars (we are in our mid 40's so prefer 80s -90s and country music if possible). We will have a car so can travel a little if needed. I stayed in Decatur area for earlier this year but didn't get out much. Should we stay there again? Someone suggested stone mountain area but don't know anything about it. Thanks.
Kool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you want to be a bit hip, try Virginia Highlands. Decatur is a little grungy, not my favorite. I and others affectionately refer to Decatur as Deek Hater (trying to pass through filters), if you get the drift. Stone Mountain is kind of a sketch area in which to stay, I doubt you'd hear much music out there. For a weekly summary of music, Mara Davis does a great job. She has a Facial Book page, and she used to do a run-down on Fridays of what was going on for the weekend in terms of music on National Peoples' Radio. I don't know if she still does it, I usually can't take NPR any more by the time she comes on. One of my employees is a big rocker, later I can get some more music references from her. Eddie's Attic in Decatur can be a good venue, The Tabernacle has some good bands, too. See what they have to offer. Maybe merge into the thread not too far down. Cheers
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.