Turo

1,659 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
oldarmy76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have any of you used turo? Thoughts? I'm looking at needing a rental car for 1-2 days in San Diego and this seems like the most convenient option unless there is a catch I'm missing.
JMac03
AG
I've had a client use it in Vegas and I recommended it to another client going on a ski vacation when rates were extremely high. They haven't taken their trip yet so not sure for them but I know my first client really liked it. I assume it is going to be like an AirBnB - hit or miss. I personally would only do someone with many high reviews and not someone new.

But you may search the forums - I am thinking this came up before.
Potcake
AG
We used it last August in Palm Springs. Got a BMW cheaper than a mid-size SUV we usually get from Enterprise. Guy trailered it in from Ontario, CA. Met him on the street to do transfer and then left it in airport parking lot. Pretty easy.
lazuras_dc
AG
Used it 4x out of Denver - when I looked rental rates were like $100 a day and got a Turo average $50 a day. And once out of Atlanta.

Main tip is to look at the ratings of the renter and ease of pick up and delivery and how many miles they allow per day (otherwise they charge you more). Other than that the only issue I had is a renter said we had a ding in his windshield which I couldn't disprove.... so cost me like $50 out of pocket for him to get it fixed.
jammer262
Used it to rent a Tesla 3 times in Denver. It's at an off site lot, super easy. I videoed all around the car in and out when I got there.
AggieRob93
AG
Used it in Portland a few years ago. Was happy with the whole process, and two weeks using Turo was hella cheaper than using one of the national car rental chains.
The Milkman
AG
I'm using it for the first time in Sedona on Thursday... hopefully it goes smoothly. Guy is supposed to leave the car in an airport lot with the keys and a ticket to get out of the lot in the center console.
Texaggie7nine
Got a convertible Mercedes (all be it an older model) for far cheaper than any rental chain convertible in Maui for 2 weeks with it. They even dropped it off at baggage claim for us when we arrived.
7nine
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.