Banff Early March

1,032 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by gigemhilo
jgw02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Taking family for spring break to do some skiing, tubing, etc. Any other must sees or things to do? What about food recommendations?
AustinCountyAg
We found the food in town to be very average and $$ for the most part. Honestly, our best meal there was at a chain Italian place in their little mall on main street. Food was very good and prices were very fair.

Banff Avenue Brewing did have good poutine that I enjoyed.
TXTransplant
There is a Chinese place up on the hill near the Fairmont that is pretty good. You can get a lot of food served family-style, and they have free parking.
LayeredTrout
AG
Park Distillery in town is pretty good.
breezecustomtravel
AG
We went on a few tours with Discover Banff Tours and really enjoyed them.
https://www.banfftours.com/winter/?_tour_categories=winter - here's what they offer in the winter.

I don't remember much about the food - I know we had poutine at every place we went.
There was this Irish Pub we went to called St. James' Gate Irish Pub and we really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
Win At Life
AG
moraine lake and/or lake louise are so beautiful they look photoshopped, but we saw them in the summer. Not sure if they're ice over by March or not.
cmow14
AG
HIghly recommend the park distillery and bear street tavern for pizza.
TXTransplant
Win At Life said:

moraine lake and/or lake louise are so beautiful they look photoshopped, but we saw them in the summer. Not sure if they're ice over by March or not.

The lakes will still be frozen in March and the road to Moraine Lake will be closed.
jgw02
AG
thanks for the replies!
gigemhilo
AG
I would HIGHLY reccomend Tavern 1883 and Iron Goat as places to eat in Canmore.

When I went, we went hiking in the Mt Assinibione area - beautiful country! I didnt get to go up to the Banf area so I cant recommend anything up there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.