Skiing, Lodging at Jackson Hole

1,422 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bachelor99
Mas89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Considering doing a ski trip to Jackson this February but we have only been once in the summer. Does anyone have any advice on whether to stay at the ski area or in town? Favorite place to stay?
FrontPorchAg
Depends on what you want to spend and how many/who you are with. You can throw down serious cash in the village. I suggest getting a condo in the village or the aspens.

Town can be fun but if you like to ski it's a lot of wasted time in the mornings either taking the bus or driving/parking.

The Condos in the Aspens are about 3 miles from the village and you can take the public bus for dollar each way.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Win At Life
AG
I stayed in town and drove to Teton and it didn't seem that bad. It's only 10 miles (15 minutes) and parking is right at the base of the lifts if you get there early enough. You'll spend at least that much time and probably more hassle (IMO) waiting for a bus and dealing with other bus people than that. Ski-in, ski-out on the mountain is less hassle, but you'll pay for that. Just my $0.02.
FrontPorchAg
Win At Life said:

I stayed in town and drove to Teton and it didn't seem that bad. It's only 10 miles (15 minutes) and parking is right at the base of the lifts if you get there early enough. You'll spend at least that much time and probably more hassle (IMO) waiting for a bus and dealing with other bus people than that. Ski-in, ski-out on the mountain is less hassle, but you'll pay for that. Just my $0.02.
The parking lot land is leased from the forest service, and they cap the number of cars per day. Last year people drove all the way to the village just to find out they weren't allowed to park. In some cased even when there were parking spots available.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
An Ag in CO
AG
We have stayed at the Four Seasons the last few years, but it's not the budget option. About a 20 second walk to the lift so not much time spent going back and forth. A few minutes to walk to the tram if you like to start your day with Corbet's Couloir.
TommyGun
AG
We've stayed in both places while skiing and there are benefits to both. As long as you're at the mountain when the lifts start spinning then you usually don't have trouble with parking. Powder days may be a little different. When staying in town we always liked the Huff House Inn for a more plush stay or Cowboy Village for something more budget friendly. In Teton Village we always stayed near the mountain at what is now called Continuum. It's recently undergone a big renovation and the prices have shot up. We used to be able to stay there for under $200/night during Jan and Feb. If I were planning a trip today then I would probably opt for Cowboy Village. Get up and head next door to Bubbas BBQ for a big country style breakfast and then take the short drive to the mountain.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
Look at the luxury condos at Snow King resort. You can get your ski legs on day 1 there then go to Teton as you wish (they have a free shuttle). My kids really liked Snow King mountain (plenty big for them) and we really enjoyed they 70s vibe lodge. The elk chili there is delish. The 3 bdrm luxury condos were very nice and spacious. I think its the best value in JH.
Mucho austin
AG
Brooks Lake Lodge

It's way outside of town and only accessible by snow mobile in winter. But it's amazing
Bachelor99
AG
we usually stay at hotel terra in a studio or 1BR with a full size kitchen right in the village...its plenty nice with good amenities.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.