Expedited Passport in Dallas?

1,109 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Matsui
Texas Ag Mom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am leaving for Mexico on Wed so I went to pull my passport out & it wasn't there! I last used it in Sept but I have chemo brain so maybe I really did loose it. I have never lost my passport so I went online to make an appt. They are closed on Mon & no appts available on Tues so I called the 800#. She told me to be at the Dallas office at 7am on Tues to get in line. They open at 8am so is that overzealous to be there at 7? I am just looking for any tips to make this process go as easily as possible since I am a little weak from my chemo treatments. Thanks!
JMac03
AG
I haven't done the Dallas one but I have Houston. It has been a long time but I remember getting there early and standing in line. Once inside it was a pull a ticket and wait until your number was called. Lots of waiting, then call, and then had to go back after lunch to pick up the actual passport. It wasn't terrible but I would definitely bring a book or iPad or something to pass the time.

I probably wouldn't get there much later than 7, just remembering what the line inside was like. Good luck.
wangus12
AG
We got my mom's passport the day of her flight to London last summer in Dallas. She was there at 7am and was out by 10-10:30 AM.
Texas Ag Mom
I kept looking & then I had to take a nap. When I woke up I was thinking about how I would logistically be gone all day & started formulating a plan. Then I realized I had a new bag that I carried in Sept. It was in the bag! Chemo brain is a real thing y'all.
Matsui
AG
Great news!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.