Layover tour in Taipei

1,021 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Enzo The Baker
YZ250
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have an 8 hour layover in Taipei and was wondering if anybody has recommendations for a layover tour. I see that the airport has free tours but unfortunately it starts right before we get there. Just curious if anybody has a recommendation of a company that offers a tour.
HollywoodBQ
AG
We did it in 2010 during about a 10 hour layover.

There was some free cultural tour offered by the Taiwanese government. It was pretty neat. I think it lasted about 3 hours. We toured some old temple and got to see a place where they made "China" pottery.

Our layover was long enough that we had enough time to go to Taipei 101, do some shopping and get a nice dinner.

The "New Air Bus" took us from the airport to Taipei 101 for about $3 as I recall.

We went to Taipei 101 on our second 10 hour layover on the way back and got to see a big Falun Gong protest march. Very well organised. Complete with marching band and everything.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I'm not sure about tours but I do know getting on a bus to downtown isn't a sweat. If it were me I'd hop on a bus and go grab a bite to eat at the original Din Tai Fung on Xinyi. It's an international chain now but trust me, that location is worth the travel into the city on a layover alone. Taipei 101 isn't far from there either. Or you could even go to the DTF by Taipei 101, but the OG is best.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.