Beat Turks and Caicos resort for 10th anniversary?

2,019 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JMac03
Schall 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Preference for less people, a variety of stuff to do, and all-inclusive if possible. Travel to be in fall 2020.
Schall 02
AG
Er best.
breezecustomtravel
AG
For all-inclusive, I would recommend Beach House, Blue Haven or Alexandra. They are all together a part of the Turks & Caicos Collection of resorts and you have access to all of them while you are staying there.

For not all-inclusive - I usually quote for Shore Club and The Palms.

I'm actually visiting Turks & Caicos this upcoming week and will be doing site inspections at all of these resorts and more. I would be happy to send you any information and/or pictures after I return. I'm staying at Blue Haven so I will really get a good idea of how it is and how the all-inclusive is.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
Schall 02
09Ag
AG
My fianc and I will be staying at Beach House the week after you are there. I'd be very interested to hear any feedback/recommendations.
Schall 02
AG
I'd love a "best 3" list, all inclusive or not.
Post removed:
by user
breezecustomtravel
AG
Absolutely!
I will hopefully be posting on Instagram and Facebook while I'm there, so if you want to see immediate pictures and info just follow along @breezecustomtravel

I'll be touring Beach House on Thursday I think.
Lauren K '07
@breezecustomtravel
breezecustomtravel
AG
No problem! I can definitely put together a top 3 with info and pictures for each one when I get back.
Lauren K '07
@breezecustomtravel
752bro4
AG
We loved Wymara. Not AI, and it was fantastic, it's on the end of Grace Bay, felt very secluded.
breezecustomtravel
AG
Send me an email or DM on social media and I can send you my pictures of Beach House this week.
There are lots of pictures and a video of one of the room types.

And....more Turks & Caicos information coming soon! I'm currently making my way back to Texas today.
Lauren K '07
@breezecustomtravel
Schall 02
AG
Thanks, Lauren. I chatted up my wife quite a bit and we may be expanding our destination options. Do you book for anything in Costa Rica or Hawaii? We are looking at something with both beach and adventure (hiking, fishing, etc).
breezecustomtravel
AG
Yes! Costa Rica and Hawaii are two of my favorites to book!

For Costa Rica - think jungle meets beach; not necessarily the white sand beaches in some areas.
My favorites for Costa Rica:
Andaz Papagayo
Secrets Papagayo (All-inclusive; but further from the airport)
Four Seasons
El Mangroove
Hotel Punta Islita

Hawaii - I love all the islands but my favorites are Maui and Kauai
My favorites for Hawaii:
Fairmont Kea Lani
Andaz Maui
Montage Kapalua
The Kahala Resort (Oahu)
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort

There are so many good options for Hawaii and so many fun tours and excursions!

Lauren K '07
@breezecustomtravel
JMac03
AG
I will throw in another vote for Secrets Papagayo in Costa Rica. I just had a group return from there and loved it. There is also a Westin there that is all-inclusive that is a little closer to town that gets really good reviews. The "W" is normally a la carte, but just started offering an AI package for a temporary time to see how it goes. My clients visited the W and thought it was awesome.

Much further from the airport and excellent for families is the Dreams Las Mareas. It is a large resort. But it is about 1.5 hours from the airport (the trip isn't as bad since they have paved the road). I've had both couples and families go and enjoy it. Not the ideal location if you also want to do excursions, as they are far from the resort as well. Westin and Secrets would be better locations for offsite excursions.

The Riu's are more budget friendly and close to town. It would not be my first choice, but they aren't terrible. There is a brand new Planet Hollywood (a year or so old), but the reviews from other TA's are so so, and besides food/drinks, there aren't really any onsite activities included like with some of the other options.

Keep in mind in Costa Rica - the beaches are not white sand like in the Caribbean. They are called black sand - it is more like a mixture of light/dark sand. The water isn't as light blue either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.