Dublin - Where to stay and what to do during weekend trip

1,668 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dcAg
notheranymore
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The hubs wants to hit 1K this year and a quick trip would do the trick. Pretty sure we've picked Dublin. We'll land on a Saturday morning and depart two days later. Seems like staying near Temple Bar is good? We're most likely to walk around Sat/Sun and hit key sights and drink. We're mid 40's. Suggestions on hotels/must-sees?
Always_Right
AG
In Dublin we stayed the new Aloft Hotel, I'll link it below. It seemed like a very central location to all of the major attractions, we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see. If you would like to stay outside of Dublin I would recommend the Powerscourt Hotel/Resort about an hour south of Dublin in the Wicklow area. It's a beautiful area with a golf course and distillery on site. I'm not sure of the pricing as I used Marriott points for our stays but both locations met our expectations and needs. If you have any questions please let me know as we were just there in September.

Powerscourt Hotel

Aloft Dublin
schmendeler
AG
I hear they have really good Dr pepper
FbgTxAg
AG
Temple Bar and Guinness Brewery are the two most popular things, obviously. Visit the Castle if you have time.
River
Highlight for me was Christchurch cathedral tour - went into the roof and bell tower, and Kilmainham Gail tour. Other than that, Trinity College's Library.
gggmann
AG
Been a long while, but I stayed at the Westin next to Trinity College. It was nice , and the location was excellent.
dcAg
The Westin next to Trinity University and the Temple Bar. Excellent!

I would recommend doing a literary pub crawl. A total blast that starts early in the evening.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Went a couple years ago for NYE and loved Dublin.

My 3 favorite things:
-The Long Room in the Old Library. It was incredible seeing the library.
-Guinness Brewery. The Bar at the top has an amazing view.
-Literary tour.
notheranymore
We decided a weekend in Dublin was too aggressive and too expensive. Off to CA wine country we'll go!
schmendeler
AG
I hear the dr pepper in CA is terrible.
dcAg
Going to Ireland is actually pretty cheap.

Check out this site:
https://www.greatvaluevacations.com/vacations/affordable-dublin?duration=6&nopopup=1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.