Baltimore area eats

1,402 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TREX01
TREX01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are the must go places ?
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Go to Vaccaro's Pasty Shop and get an almond cookie for dessert.
akaggie05
AG
G&M for crab cakes.
akaggie05
AG
craigernaught
AG
I lived in Baltimore a few years ago. My favorite places were Brewer's Art and The Helmand in Mount Vernon.

I'd make sure to get crab cakes somewhere. They're pretty good all over, because like Mexican in Texas, if it's just average you're going out of business. Faidley's in Lexington Market is famous and really good but you can go to nicer seafood places like the Rusty Scupper or high end restaurants like The Prime Rib. Lexington Market is an experience by itself.
sawemoffshort85
I enjoyed Locust Point Steamers when we were there a few years ago. Aka: LP Steamers. Good crabs and cold Natty Bo.
Turf96
If you go north to a suburb called timonium you will find a small place called the corner stables. It has some of the best prime rib you will ever have. Also great crab cakes and such. That place is just north of their state fair grounds. If you stay on same road just across from the horse track is a steak and sea food place. To this day the food was great and we had the best waitstaff I have ever seen. May be too far out but I've enjoyed both of those locations more than once.

This next one may sound odd but there is a BBQ place kind of like a rudys here. They have 6 packs of BBQ sauces. All from diffenrt areas of US. Decent meats for sure and great sides. Neat concept as the kids loved trying all sauces and picking a favorite. Has a huge military appreciation and large military truck out front. All the napkins straws and utensils are in a large tool box. Isn't high end by any means but neat and solid food. It is out towards Fredrick. Not all the way out but that north west side. Just been too long since I went to remember the name. I have a niece that swears they have the best Mac and cheese ever. Lol. Don't think that is type of food you were asking about but thought I would share.

Sorry I can't help downtown as we have always stayed outskirts.
Federale01
AG
Where are you staying? Inner Harbor?
Federale01
AG
Great rec. But get a cannoli.
Federale01
AG
I second Brewer's Art.

The best Italian I have had there is at Sotto Sopra in Mount Vernon. Great ambiance, great food. Make reservations.

I have also really enjoyed Woodberry Kitchen. It's a cool restaurant but not uniquely Baltimore in any way. Make reservations.

If you are out and about in federal hill, try Abbey Burger Bistro or the RowHouse Grille.

I dont eat seafood so I can't help you there.

Just make sure you go out one night in one of the neighborhoods like federal hill, fells point, or Canton. Those little neighborhoods are the coolest thing about Baltimore. Just don't get drunk and wonder too far outside of the bar areas.

If you plan to travel to neighboring places like Annapolis or frederick, I can probably help you out.

Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Federale01 said:

Great rec. But get a cannoli.
Better yet, both.

I went for the canolli, and got an almond cookie to go on the recommendation of a friend. They don't look like anything special but man, I wanted more.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Seafood - Thames Street Oyster House
Crab Cakes - You can find good ones almost anywhere
Burger- Abbey's Burger Bistro in Fed Hill
BBQ- They actually have a few decent places...Urban BBQ isn't bad and they have some unique items
Italian - La Scalla
Miss Shirleys is really good for breakfast
SquirrellyDan
AG
Turf96 said:

If you go north to a suburb called timonium you will find a small place called the corner stables. It has some of the best prime rib you will ever have. Also great crab cakes and such. That place is just north of their state fair grounds. If you stay on same road just across from the horse track is a steak and sea food place. To this day the food was great and we had the best waitstaff I have ever seen. May be too far out but I've enjoyed both of those locations more than once.

This next one may sound odd but there is a BBQ place kind of like a rudys here. They have 6 packs of BBQ sauces. All from diffenrt areas of US. Decent meats for sure and great sides. Neat concept as the kids loved trying all sauces and picking a favorite. Has a huge military appreciation and large military truck out front. All the napkins straws and utensils are in a large tool box. Isn't high end by any means but neat and solid food. It is out towards Fredrick. Not all the way out but that north west side. Just been too long since I went to remember the name. I have a niece that swears they have the best Mac and cheese ever. Lol. Don't think that is type of food you were asking about but thought I would share.

Sorry I can't help downtown as we have always stayed outskirts.
Mission BBQ is what you're thinking of, and I agree, it's not bad at all. There are half a dozen or so around the suburbs of Baltimore. One in Columbia, one near Annapolis.
Federale01
AG
Baltimore is also known for pit beef, which is basically roast beef cooked directly on charcoal and served a little rare. If you see it, it worth a lunch.
Pro Sandy
AG
Mission BBQ? Skip it.

Urban is better
TREX01
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Trip went in another direction so I'll put all these on hold for the next time around.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.