First Time Visiting Denver

1,369 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 62strat
CSQ12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the must see/do's in Denver? Group I'm with likes craft beer, so what are your best walking tour suggestions or best breweries to visit?

We'll spend some time in Boulder, likely on the day of their game with USC on 10/25. Best bars/tailgates/scenes there?

Easiest place in mountains to access for views? Preferably within 90 mins of downtown. This group would prefer roadside viewpoints over hiking.

Would love if Red Rocks schedules a concert while we're there, but it might be too cold (late October). Any other concert venue to check out, regardless of genre?

Will also spend some time in Cherry Creek. Any restaurant recommendations (non-chain) there or in LoDo that we need to experience?

TIA!
StEdsCOOG
In place of hiking, you could always ride the train in Georgetown/Silver Plume. It's about an hour west of Denver and takes only a couple of hours.
NColoradoAG
CSQ12 said:

What are the must see/do's in Denver? Group I'm with likes craft beer, so what are your best walking tour suggestions or best breweries to visit?

We'll spend some time in Boulder, likely on the day of their game with USC on 10/25. Best bars/tailgates/scenes there?

Easiest place in mountains to access for views? Preferably within 90 mins of downtown. This group would prefer roadside viewpoints over hiking.

Would love if Red Rocks schedules a concert while we're there, but it might be too cold (late October). Any other concert venue to check out, regardless of genre?

Will also spend some time in Cherry Creek. Any restaurant recommendations (non-chain) there or in LoDo that we need to experience?

TIA!
The River North neighborhood is full of good breweries and bars. Our Mutual Friend, Ratio, and Crooked Stave are great in that area. Finns Manor and First Draft are good bar spots. Falling Rock in LoDo is an institution for craft beer. Dont go for the food though. Cerebral Brewing on Colfax is the best overall craft beer spot downtown.

CU doesn't have much of a tailgating scene, IMO. The Dark Horse is a fun spot to go before a game though. The Sink is also fun. Those are on opposite sides of campus though.

The Mount Evans Scenic Byway is closed and the section to Echo Lake will also be closed by the time you get to town. You could always just drive to Silverthorne/Breckenridge/Frisco and get some decent views of the lake and 10 Mile Range. If weather is nice you could pack a picnic or drive into Breckenridge and check out the Breckenridge Distillery. That's an awesome spot.

Red Rocks regularly has shows scheduled into November. I havent been yet, but have heard great things about the new Mission Ballroom

Cherry Creek is a nice neighborhood for sure. Great shopping and scene. I love The Cherry Cricket. Nice divey burger joint in the middle of all the modern upscale shops down there. Other places downtown Ive enjoyed as I've moved more to Bourbon than Beer are Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Hearth and Dram, Citizen Rail, and Colt and Gray
The Lost
NColoradoAG said:

CSQ12 said:

TIA!

CU doesn't have much of a tailgating scene, IMO. The Dark Horse is a fun spot to go before a game though. The Sink is also fun. Those are on opposite sides of campus though.

This, the cu tailgate scene is god awful and the cops really care about open containers because boulder and the fans are *******s (I lived there and have a masters from cu). It being a Friday will make the scene worse. They just don't care like In the south. If you're not going to the game, be prepared to be underwhelmed if you really like gameday activities. You can easily go to boulder a different day you're there and probably have a better time with less traffic/crowds.

Those listed bars are great. Pearl street is the fancy area and you can't really go wrong with any restaurant there. They Avery brewery is worth it along with the flat irons/flag staff mountain (you could easily drive up flag staff road for good views).. Upslope is pretty solid too.

Hiking/driving to red rocks is worth it even if a show isn't going on. It's a park and open during the day. Rocky Mountain National Park is also an option for driving views.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Have some gummies and a nice meal
schmendeler
AG
Get some edibles
strohag
AG
schmendeler said:

Get some edibles

This. Just make sure you have one and wait for it to kick in before you start eating more ...
62strat
AG
NColoradoAG said:

CSQ12 said:

TIA!

I havent been yet, but have heard great things about the new Mission Ballroom

This venue is awesome. Looks like big head todd on the 12th which would be a hit. Or if you're still in town, Bob Dylan + band on the 17th.

If you want probably the best brisket/bbq in Denver, check out this new place 'post oak bbq', on Tennyson st. They have shiner and lone star on draft if you're hankering for some mediocre Texas beer, and they have a huge whiskey selection as well; 50 labels or so.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.