Warm place in January

1,603 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HeightsAg
Up&ComingAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a place to go with the wife for her 40th, for about a week, in January. We aren't really looking into a beach all inclusive type place as we usually like to hike and do some more active things. However, we've never tried an all inclusive, so I guess we may not know what we're missing. So far, it looks like Costa Rica might be on the top of the list, but looking for any other suggestions.
sts7049
AG
argentina

if you're the outdoors type you could go down to chalten and do lots of great hiking
JMac03
AG
I'm a huge fan of all-inclusive resorts, so that is what I tend to lean to.

With that said, Costa Rica is beautiful. I've only been once and want to go back with my family. It is also a favorite of several clients (some have gone back more than once). In the Guanacaste region there are all-inclusives (Secrets and Westin have great reviews, and the "W" recently just starting offering an AI plan). There are also several vendors who put together packages that do not include the AI resorts, that include things on the other side of the island like in La Fortuna. We stayed one night at a hotel in La Fortuna that had pools fed with hot springs, it was really neat. I thought the food was really good. I just had a group return from CR 2 weeks ago that stayed at Secrets and had a blast. They did several excursions, so while they were at AI, they did go do some other activities.
HeightsAg
Hawaii is perfect in January
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.