Pool bar, sea turtle snorkel - Where?

1,237 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by maroon10
maroon10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Discussing our Spring/summer trip and here's what is requested: "want to sit at a pool bar with music, partying people, and a pina colada and then walk to the beach where I swim with sea turtles."

We've been to St John, St Lucia, Turks, Mexico, Costa Rica. Where should we go to experience the above? Antigua was always on the list but flights out of IAH are 800+. Seems the Caribbean prices are outrageously high.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
Check out Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker Belize
We just got back and you can check all those boxes
JMac03
AG
Not sure where you are located, but I priced out some flights and they were cheaper out of Austin than they were out of IAH for a recent trip I just quoted to Antigua. But yes, most of your Caribbean islands you are looking at $800+ unless its crappy flights.
nosoupforyou
AG
FriscoAggieFan said:

Check out Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker Belize
We just got back and you can check all those boxes
Palapa Bar on Ambergris Caye is worth looking into
TXCityGirl
Grand Cayman
txags92
AG
JMac03 said:

Not sure where you are located, but I priced out some flights and they were cheaper out of Austin than they were out of IAH for a recent trip I just quoted to Antigua. But yes, most of your Caribbean islands you are looking at $800+ unless its crappy flights.
You should be able to get to Grand Cayman on United or Southwest out of Houston for well under $800pp.
JMac03
AG
txags92 said:

JMac03 said:

You should be able to get to Grand Cayman on United or Southwest out of Houston for well under $800pp.
True. I was referring to his Antigua comment - I quoted Antigua, Barbados and Grenada earlier in the week and flights were cheaper for 2 of the 3 out of Austin instead of Houston (do not remember which of the 2).
maroon10
AG
We're in Houston. Austin could be an option but all the decent flights leave super early in the morning. Thanks for all the recs
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.