What are your travel plans the next 1-3 months?

4,122 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag_N_Houston
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grand Canyon/Sedona for Thanksgiving. Will happily accept tips and ideas for activities, especially if they are appropriate for 6-year olds.
Jock 07
AG
ski trip up to tahoe, probably heavenly or squaw, not sure which yet
512Ag
AG
Guadalupe Mountains National Park in mid-October
Cancun in late October
chico
AG
HHAG said:

pretty quiet until January, when we are going to Uganda, Rwanda
I rode a bike across Rwanda, from the border with Dem Rep Congo to the border with Tanzania - this was back in 2014. Raised money for genocide survivors & Kigali orphanage. Awesome trip & awesome place. You need ideas?
FancyKetchup14
AG
SkiMo said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

SkiMo said:

TXCityAggie said:

I'm in Bogota now. Next month to Medellin and Bogota again for a couple of long weekends. November to Panama City. December road trip from Rio to Sao Paolo, hitting some beaches in between. Christmas and New Year's in Medellin and Guatepe.
How ya liking Colombia? Plan is to spend a couple weeks there next summer.

Can't speak for him but I'm Loving Colombia. Up on the northern coast at the moment. Wanted to do Ciudad Perdida but closed this month. Brush up on your Spanish as it'll certainly help. Spending about 4 weeks total here
My Spanish is decent, but my Venezuelan husband's is perfect. hah

I keep reading that Medellin is a favorite of many Colombian travelers. We'd likely do Bogota and Medellin. We want to go to Cartagena but I am getting mixed reviews with the tourism aspect. But it would still be nice to visit and then head out for a few nights on one of the nearby islands. Any other suggestions of places to visit in Colombia. The northern coast looks beautiful but not exactly the easiest to get to.

Ah then you'll be fine.

Medellin comes up next week. Cartagena in a few days. (I've heard it's worth going to once, spending a few nights and getting out.)

I will say, Santa Marta and the area west of this part is beautiful and cheap. It's worth visiting if you can make a trip up.

San Augustine (south of bogota) has some archaeological/indigenous sites if you're into that sort of thing
TXCityAggie
AG
SkiMo said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

SkiMo said:

TXCityAggie said:

I'm in Bogota now. Next month to Medellin and Bogota again for a couple of long weekends. November to Panama City. December road trip from Rio to Sao Paolo, hitting some beaches in between. Christmas and New Year's in Medellin and Guatepe.
How ya liking Colombia? Plan is to spend a couple weeks there next summer.

Can't speak for him but I'm Loving Colombia. Up on the northern coast at the moment. Wanted to do Ciudad Perdida but closed this month. Brush up on your Spanish as it'll certainly help. Spending about 4 weeks total here
My Spanish is decent, but my Venezuelan husband's is perfect. hah

I keep reading that Medellin is a favorite of many Colombian travelers. We'd likely do Bogota and Medellin. We want to go to Cartagena but I am getting mixed reviews with the tourism aspect. But it would still be nice to visit and then head out for a few nights on one of the nearby islands. Any other suggestions of places to visit in Colombia. The northern coast looks beautiful but not exactly the easiest to get to.

Medellin and the surrounding area is my favorite part of the country. Definetly plan some time for Guatape and Santa Fe. They can be done as day trips but much more fun to spend the night.
purplehayes
Headed back to my house in Germany in a couple of weeks. Will be there for a few months then head back to house in College Station.
Nick Toohey
AG
Ireland, Scotland and Iceland at the end of the year. Any Irish and Scottish tips would be appreciated! Have about a week in both, no accom booked, just car hire!
mrpay33
AG
Leave for Zurich, Lucerne and Lugano next week for 10 days. 45th wedding anniversary!
JMac03
AG
The weather is already backing people back up in Houston apparently. I REALLY hope my flight to Cabo still leaves at 8:00 tomorrow. I don't have a lot of downtime on this trip and I want my afternoon to myself!
Ag with kids
AG
For fun:

A&M for the MS St game
New Orleans in Nov
St Martin over Christmas

For work:

A&M for the RELLIS Open House in Oct
Galveston for the TX Task Force 1 Swift Water Exercise in Oct
Orlando for I/ITSEC (it's a simulation conference/show) in Dec

I used to toss in a trip to Port A every fall, too...but, now that I live on N Padre Island, I don't think that will count as "travel"
UglyScientist
Boston in October.
New Hampshire in November.
Cancun in January.
JMac03
AG
Do you know what not to do - travel to Cabo and when you arrive find out a hurricane is coming. Sure made for an interesting trip - and 70% of my trip was altered. But still good times were had.
Oryx
Back to Germany in early December for a week and bring some friends over there to Stralsund and Ruegen for the weekend.

Still deciding on what to do Tuesday and Wednesday.
RachAg2007
AG
Olympic Peninsula and San Juan Islands next weekend
Texas for Thanksgiving
Cabo in January
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Off to Climb Kilimanjaro in March
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Beginning of October: Columbus Ohio for work
November: in-laws are taking our kids and we are headed to Italy (including a stop in Torino for Juventus v. Athletico Madrid champions league match)
December: Dallas? I dunno. Kids in diapers = traveling is infrequent
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
End of September: New Iberia, LA for a weekend away with my wife (staying at her family's place)

October: Sailing off shore with my dad, Galveston - Freeport, Mexico City with the family for my 30th, Las Vegas for a wedding

November: NYC for a long weekend (hopefully some apartment searching as well).
Mr. McGibblets
AG
St Thomas in November.

Somewhere in Europe in March.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Athens, Georgia in November - BTHOuga

Miami in December.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.