What are your travel plans the next 1-3 months?

4,042 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag_N_Houston
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where are you going? Is it somewhere new for you?

I leave for Cabo in 5 days. I've never been so I am kind of excited. It's not somewhere normally on the radar because hubs likes beaches and there are limited places you can get in the water there.

Most likely will go back to Cancun first week in November.

Have a business trip to New Orleans in October. Haven't been there in probably 5 years or so.
Here4Beer
AG
Cabo is a good time and the weather is perfect.

The wife and I are going to Edinburgh and London over Christmas. She's been to both but this is my first time for either. Really looking forward to it.
h1ag
AG
New Orleans for 4 days with the GF. It'll be my first time going for anything more than a 48 hr rager. She worked there for a year and a half so I'm excited for her to show me the town outside of Bourbon St.

At the end of the 3 month range, we'll just be easing into ski season, so I'll do a lot of local trips (New England), saving the big ski travel for Taos in March.
HHAG
AG
Dallas for a wedding, next week. Then pretty quiet until January, when we are going to Uganda, Rwanda and then climb Kilimanjaro.
lil99chris
AG
October - Disney World
November - Disneyland
December - Las Vegas
JMac03
AG
lil99chris said:

October - Disney World
November - Disneyland
December - Las Vegas
I bet it's your first time EVER for the first two
lil99chris
AG
....I know, I know. It's been a few years since I went to Disneyland. Got a room at the Grand Californian.

I am actually also trying to squeeze in a Disney Cruise for October, but I waiting to see what becomes available.
BSD
AG
HHAG said:

and then climb Kilimanjaro.

Hold up...what???? Nice! Are you going solo or with a guide? This is on my bucket list but a health condition may prevent me from hiking up to that altitude.
TXTransplant
This is the first time in years I'm looking at entire year between "big" vacations without having any intermediate trips planned. It's also been years since we didn't have a trip planned for the fall (usually Thanksgiving or Christmas).

Next big trip is Alaska in June 2020, and I'm really bummed about having to go that long. Hopefully, I can schedule something for the spring, but my son's school schedule has really squashed my travel bug.
HHAG
AG
We are going with a bunch of Aussie friends with a guide.
aggiespartan
AG
Australia next month! First time and longest flight. Flying direct from Houston.
harringtontravelco
sept- atlanta, I've never been to this city. Hubby and I are going for Notre Dame vs Georgia Game and to explore Atlanta
Sept-Disney World Food & Wine Festival
october-Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort-girls trip
Nov-noting big planned but always up for an adventure
Dec- Hubby and I are headed to Sandals Montego Bay
wildcat08
AG
Australia and New Zealand in late October.
htxag09
AG
Breckenridge the week of Christmas. Christmas in the mountains is a bucket list trip for my mom. So finally making it happen.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Las Vegas, Lexington Virginia, Houston. Home to Sydney and then probably down to Melbourne.

At least that's what I know about right now.
OilManAg91
AG
Istanbul, Oman, Munich, Amsterdam, New Zealand, Tahiti, Beijing.
clintalmighty
AG
Athens and Rome over Thanksgiving holiday
FancyKetchup14
AG
Currently in Colombia
Peru
maybe Bolivia...deciding if the $160 visa fee is worth it

Southern Mexico if no Bolivia
Nick Toohey
AG
aggiespartan said:

Australia next month! First time and longest flight. Flying direct from Houston.
You'll love it! Drop me a PM with where you are going, I'll throw you some tips.
Spore Ag
Doing Chile again then fly to Ushuaia to do expedition cruise to Cape Town via Falklands, S Geogia and st. Helana.

eye-gor
AG
- New Orleans later this month for the Cowboys/Saints game
- Croatia for 10 days in October
- Vegas in November for birthday
- Colorado for skiing over Christmas break
Petrino1
Most likely doing rio for a month in November. Might explore other parts of Brazil during that time. December I'm going to visit my sister in Austria. Will likely go to Italy and Switzerland since it's nearby.
The Milkman
AG
Busy busy busy few months coming up!

Washington DC next weekend. Been a few times but just a quick weekend adventure.
London in October. A trip for our first anniversary. Neither of us have been and are excited. Any tips would be appreciated.
Sedona in November for my dads 70th birthday. We rented a cool AirBnB house.
FancyKetchup14
AG
London - hit the highlights:
Tower of London
walk across the famous London bridge
Southbank is a fun walk (when you walk across the Thames with parliament at your back, hang a left at the London Eye)
Big Ben is under construction till 2021, a bummer
Abbey road is meh, not worth going unless you get a boner for The Beatles.
Churchill War Rooms are a must. Really really cool
Imperial War Museum if you're into that period (free)
Westminster Abbey is gorgeous but the line is long
St Paul's cathedral is also beautiful

Also recommend taking a train to Oxford or Cambridge for a day and seeing the Uni's.

Best food I had was at Raj of Kensington. As the name speaks - it's Indian.
Spore Ag
Hey FK, you sure Bolivia has visa fee for overland entry? Did it from Titicaca into La Paz and do not remember a fee , 2 years ago.
You need to do Bolivia.
When you get back to H-town look me up as would like to hear about your year.
TXCityAggie
AG
I'm in Bogota now. Next month to Medellin and Bogota again for a couple of long weekends. November to Panama City. December road trip from Rio to Sao Paolo, hitting some beaches in between. Christmas and New Year's in Medellin and Guatepe.
SkiMo
AG
TXCityAggie said:

I'm in Bogota now. Next month to Medellin and Bogota again for a couple of long weekends. November to Panama City. December road trip from Rio to Sao Paolo, hitting some beaches in between. Christmas and New Year's in Medellin and Guatepe.
How ya liking Colombia? Plan is to spend a couple weeks there next summer.
SkiMo
AG
Nothing crazy planned. Puerto Vallarta in Nov for my 40th. And probably a weekend road trip down to Moab...or Bryce Canyon.
breezecustomtravel
AG
Where are you staying in Cabo? We are going back there in November and cannot wait!

Cancun/Riviera Maya this week --- Seeing some new resorts I'm so excited about!
Turks & Caicos and Cabo in November
Jamaica in January

Hopefully throwing in a trip to Florida and Colorado next year!

Safe travels to everyone! I love reading about where people are adventuring to next!

Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
JMac03
AG
breezecustomtravel said:

Where are you staying in Cabo? We are going back there in November and cannot wait!

Cancun/Riviera Maya this week --- Seeing some new resorts I'm so excited about!
Turks & Caicos and Cabo in November
Jamaica in January

Hopefully throwing in a trip to Florida and Colorado next year!

Safe travels to everyone! I love reading about where people are adventuring to next!

2 nights at the new Hard Rock and 2 nights at Marquis, but touring 13 resorts total. The only resort I'm not getting to tour that I really wanted to is Grand Velas, but there are several I am excited about.
TXCityAggie
AG
SkiMo said:

TXCityAggie said:

Colombia is great. It's probably my favorite vacation spot in the world. I come down here 5 or 6 times a year. I live in Guatemala, so it's an easy flight for long weekends. I definitely recommend it.
FancyKetchup14
AG
SkiMo said:

TXCityAggie said:

Can't speak for him but I'm Loving Colombia. Up on the northern coast at the moment. Wanted to do Ciudad Perdida but closed this month. Brush up on your Spanish as it'll certainly help. Spending about 4 weeks total here
FancyKetchup14
AG
I'll have to look into that, but not entirely sure. I had planned to cross over near Tidicaca

And will do on the return.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Same for me. No trips planned this year. I bought a house last year with a lot of land and then bought more land this year. I am focusing on replinishing this savings this year and am planning on SE Asia again in Jan/Feb.
SkiMo
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

SkiMo said:

TXCityAggie said:

Can't speak for him but I'm Loving Colombia. Up on the northern coast at the moment. Wanted to do Ciudad Perdida but closed this month. Brush up on your Spanish as it'll certainly help. Spending about 4 weeks total here
My Spanish is decent, but my Venezuelan husband's is perfect. hah

I keep reading that Medellin is a favorite of many Colombian travelers. We'd likely do Bogota and Medellin. We want to go to Cartagena but I am getting mixed reviews with the tourism aspect. But it would still be nice to visit and then head out for a few nights on one of the nearby islands. Any other suggestions of places to visit in Colombia. The northern coast looks beautiful but not exactly the easiest to get to.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.