1 week on just 1 Hawaiian island....

1,997 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nosoupforyou
chrisfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Which one do you choose and why? Time of year would be late January or late April.
TXTransplant
Definitely the Big Island. We stayed 9 nights there in June 2018 and still didn't do everything I wanted to do. We split our stay between a beautiful Airbnb on the ocean on the east side of the island (happy to provide a link, if you're interested) and the Fairmont Orchid (also a fabulous property) on the west side. The Big Island is the only place in Hawaii you can snorkel with Manta Rays. The Waipi'o Valley hike is amazing. We wanted to spend 2-3 days exploring Volcanoes National Park, but Mother Nature had other plans. And the visiting the summit of Mauna Kea is a definite must do (we got stuck in a white out and basically had to turn around as soon as we got to the summit, so I definitely want to go back). The island is also great for driving.

We had previously done a two week stay and visited Oahu, Maui, and Kauai. I also want to go back to Kauai, but I don't think I would spend an entire week+ vacation there. I would definitely go back to the Big Island for a week.
BSD
AG
For me:

1. Kauai
2. Big island
3. Maui
HHAG
AG
Agree on the big island.
Silky Johnston
Hmmm, just booked an 8-day vacation on Maui beginning of January. Have 3 nights booked at the Hyatt Regency and the last night at Grand Wailea. Still need to book 4 nights and was going to do AirBnB since I have some credits. Any suggestions on which side of the island to spend the first 4 nights?
txag2008
AG
We'll be spending 7 nights at Hyatt Residence in November. I've done a lot of digging, but any quick must do's/dont's in the area?
aggie4231
AG
Agree with the Big Island.

I've been 3 times for a total of about 28 days. Even spending that much time, there is still a lot that I haven't done.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
Austintm
Silky Johnston said:

Hmmm, just booked an 8-day vacation on Maui beginning of January. Have 3 nights booked at the Hyatt Regency and the last night at Grand Wailea. Still need to book 4 nights and was going to do AirBnB since I have some credits. Any suggestions on which side of the island to spend the first 4 nights?
Kapalua area is great, and a lot less hectic/crowded than the resort areas
Austintm
chrisfield said:

Which one do you choose and why? Time of year would be late January or late April.
Have been to Kauai and Oahu several times, and Maui a couple. Never been to the Big Island but need to get there. Of the three we have been on, in order of preference:

1. Kauai (North shore)
2. Maui
3. Oahu

Will be back there in less than a month

nosoupforyou
AG
I posted last year about our trip to Big Island - find that post as I put out a full 10 day itinerary -favorite places and how to do it - happy to answer questions - but we sure loved it!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.