5 days in Denver area - what to do?

1,116 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mpl35
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had some vacation time I needed to use and found really cheap airfare to Denver. So now I have 5 days to figure out what I'll do in a couple weeks.

I want to spend some time in Estes Park and Rocky Mt Natl Park watching the elk.

Other than that, I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe drive up Pikes Peak (I rode the train up there once before).

Any place sort of near there to go fly fishing?
Matsui
AG
Brewery tour
jammer262
The mount Evans drive is closer to Denver and you won't have to navigate the I25 mess to Colorado Springs. Pikes is under major construction, shuttle busses to the top, and the train isn't running. There is a lot to do in the metro area, look at shows at red rocks, catch a Rockies or Broncos game.
The Lost
jammer262 said:

The mount Evans drive is closer to Denver and you won't have to navigate the I25 mess to Colorado Springs. Pikes is under major construction, shuttle busses to the top, and the train isn't running. There is a lot to do in the metro area, look at shows at red rocks, catch a Rockies or Broncos game.

Evans road to the top is closed
Vernada
AG
Sams Diner No 3
Aggiewes
AG
Climb a 14 ner. Climbed Quandary peak last year. Awesome!
Jock 07
AG
Drink beer
mpl35
AG
Go for a hike?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.