Key West (rain)

2,083 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by V8Aggie
V8Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Wife and I are meeting another couple in Key west next Thursday. Looking like rain most of the time. Any suggestions on things to do while it's raining?

**No swinging you degenerates
RAB83
AG
The Butterfly Conservatory is worth a stop...

And there's always the Hemingway House...

The Little White House...

Of course, you could just hang out in a few of the well known establishments...

Make sure you eat breakfast at Pepe's...

Aggie 100 - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, & 2018
V8Aggie
AG
Thanks for the suggestions!
Potcake
AG
Make lemonade out of it and barhop. Wife and I had dinner at a little Italian place a few blocks off Duval. Skies opened up as we finished and we darted back to B&B in pouring rain and lightning. Fun times.

Also go to Green Parrot
Post removed:
by user
V8Aggie
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Always love these posts. In most tropical beach locations there is a chance of rain everyday but that rain will most likely be a 15 minute rain shower and won't affect your day.

Thanks for the suggestion. Look at the forecast and it says thunderstorms all day thurs - sun. Excuse the piss out of me for trying to make an informed decision in preparation for rain.

I travel quite extensively and have been to tropical vacations where we were stuck indoors for 4 out of 5 days.
BarryProfit
We pretty much just eat and drink in KW regardless of weather.
Post removed:
by user
V8Aggie
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Weather forecasts are pretty much meaningless in tropical places unless there is a significant system like a tropical wave or depression in the area. Especially weather forecasts that are several days out. I would bet strongly that it doesn't impact the trip. Even an hour rain shower at the beach doesn't affect things. Just go inside and have sex.
I am well aware of that. Please explain the issue with me trying to figure out possible things to do in the event it rains 3/4 of the trip?

If you have nothing of value to add please piss off.
Ag_of_08
AG
And I thought forum 16 was grouchy .....
Kurt Gowdy
AG
You're a dick.
Wicked Good Ag
There was an article I think in MSN a while back that had the best desserts of Key West. Now quite a few were Key Lime Pie but might be interesting to find the article
V8Aggie
AG
Kurt Gowdy said:

You're a dick.
Interesting... I'm not the one who came over here to patronize someone asking for suggestions. This isn't the GB. Perhaps I was a dick and Soup caught me at a bad time. Maybe he was just giving me a hard time I dunno. If my post was uncalled for then I apologize.

Regardless, I was just trying to have back up plans in case something happens. I've been on several tropical vacations where we were rained in the entire time. Just want to be prepared IF something happens.
V8Aggie
AG
Appreciate the advice. Will def look at that. Also heard the drag queen bingo was hilarious!
Pro Sandy
AG
How did it turn out, weather-wise? Checking the forecast leading up, looked like it would be fine. Anxious to see how it turned out for the OP
V8Aggie
AG
Weather ended up being great. Had 1 morning that snorkeling was canceled but just moved it to the afternoon. We've had really bad luck with our last few beachy vacations so happy this worked out.

Head out tomorrow but definitely enjoyed this place. Will be back soon! Thanks to those that gave suggestions.

Yeah I was a bit pissy earlier to the non helpful poster but just caught me at a bad time so I apologize.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.