Global Entry Delay

2,604 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wildcat08
dtkprowler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Me, my wife, and our 1 year old all applied for Global Entry. Their application was approved over 2 weeks ago. Mine is still pending review. Does anyone know why this might be happening or if there is anything I can do to check on my status or speed things up? Going to Australia in November and we all have to go do our interviews still once we are all conditionally approved. Any insight would be appreciated!
CanyonAg77
AG
Probably a paperwork glitch. Two weeks is pretty quick. Give it another week.
AgFan1999
AG
What Canyon said.
Potcake
AG
I submitted my renewal back during the shutdown. It took several months after to get it, you may just be caught up in the backlog.

I'll bet that interview with the 1 yo will be interesting.
Austintm
I'm not sure there is any clear pattern on these. I submitted mine during the shutdown and received the preliminary approval during the shutdown (I can't explain that...). Did my interview right after the shutdown ended. My wife then submitted her application right after the shutdown ended, and it took 2 months.
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
My kids had their "interview" when they were about 7 mo. Actually kind of funny. That was about half an hour before United canceled our flight to England which was decidedly less funny.
OilManAg91
AG
Holy Crap! I submitted my renewal 2 months ago and I still don't have a response.
ChipFTAC01
AG
My wife just got hers last week. She submitted several months ago.
dtkprowler
AG
Thanks everyone... Guess I'll just keep on waiting...
fire09
AG
Applied in May and still waiting.
MAROON
AG
It took about two months for my renewal to process. Items magically approved the week my current approval was set to expire
Hootie
AG
I submitted my renewal on April 24th and it's still not approved. My wife submitted hers, and it was approved in 2 weeks. Who knows what is going on.
CanyonAg77
AG
It's probably delayed while they have a SJW pore over all your TexAgs postings....
Hootie
AG
I finally got my approval today. It took almost 3 full months.
wildcat08
AG
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but remembered this from a couple of months ago. Since then, we've scheduled a trip to Australia and New Zealand, leaving in late October. We didn't have global entry cards, and remembering this thread, I didn't think we had much chance of getting them before we left.

Nonetheless, about 10 or 12 days ago, my wife got on line and filled out the application forms. A week ago Monday, we got our conditional approval. We live in northern New Mexico, so Albuquerque is the closest place to go for an interview. We checked the schedule there, and could pretty much pick our time on Tuesday. We got a 2:00 appointment for both of us and drove on down to Albuquerque. We got there a little early and they brought us right in, so we were actually through with the interview before 2:00. We got the cards in the mail today.

We are traveling with some friends we've done about a dozen trips with. They live in the DFW area, and are going through the process also. They can't even get an interview until November. Their son-in-law is an AA pilot, so they can fly standby for free. They're thinking about getting an Albuquerque appointment and just flying out there.

Sometimes things do work out right!
aggiespartan
AG
I just got my card today. My appointment was a week ago today. I'm in DFW and I got a response from my application pretty quickly (within a few weeks), but the earliest appointment was about 2 months away.
Hoyt Ag
AG
I am 80 days into a renewal. Seems like a long time.
Daytona22
AG
I just got mine and I applied for a renewal back in May. Took about 4 months. Won't let it expire again. That's for sure.
gggmann
AG
If for whatever reason someone doesn't get their global entry card prior to their trip, download the mobile passport app. That will save some time coming back through immigration.
AggieMainland
gggmann said:

If for whatever reason someone doesn't get their global entry card prior to their trip, download the mobile passport app. That will save some time coming back through immigration.

Unless you come back from South America at 5am when the Mobile Passport line is closed. Never had Global Entry since Mobile Passport was great but I decided it is needed after that crap experience. So much for direct flight.
H-town ag
AG
I accidentally let mine expire. Took me four months to get "conditionally approved" and now no appointments available in the Houston area for several months??!!
Austintm
H-town ag said:

I accidentally let mine expire. Took me four months to get "conditionally approved" and now no appointments available in the Houston area for several months??!!
Check San Antonio.
2wealfth Man
AG
wildcat08 said:

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but remembered this from a couple of months ago. Since then, we've scheduled a trip to Australia and New Zealand, leaving in late October. We didn't have global entry cards, and remembering this thread, I didn't think we had much chance of getting them before we left.

Nonetheless, about 10 or 12 days ago, my wife got on line and filled out the application forms. A week ago Monday, we got our conditional approval. We live in northern New Mexico, so Albuquerque is the closest place to go for an interview. We checked the schedule there, and could pretty much pick our time on Tuesday. We got a 2:00 appointment for both of us and drove on down to Albuquerque. We got there a little early and they brought us right in, so we were actually through with the interview before 2:00. We got the cards in the mail today.

We are traveling with some friends we've done about a dozen trips with. They live in the DFW area, and are going through the process also. They can't even get an interview until November. Their son-in-law is an AA pilot, so they can fly standby for free. They're thinking about getting an Albuquerque appointment and just flying out there.

Sometimes things do work out right!
Wilcat, you may know this already; but just in case. You have to have a visa to enter Australia. You can go online and apply for an electronic travel authority. If you just show up without your name on file in their system as an expected arrival I am not sure what happens. I think the fee is something like 200 AUD.
HollywoodBQ
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Wilcat, you may know this already; but just in case. You have to have a visa to enter Australia. You can go online and apply for an electronic travel authority. If you just show up without your name on file in their system as an expected arrival I am not sure what happens. I think the fee is something like 200 AUD.
You have to have your Electronic Visa in the system or they won't even let you check-in for the flight to Australia.

I also recommend carrying a print out of the Electronic Visa just in case. Some of the ticket counter agents run into problems from time to time.

As far as the application process, you do it online, it costs like $10 and takes maybe 10 minutes - or so I'm told. My process to become a Permanent Resident took closer to 4 years

And unless you're doing 12+ International Trips a year, I still don't know what all this fuss is about Global Entry. Literally, you save 5-15 minutes at the airport when you're returning to the USA. Sometimes less.
wildcat08
AG
2wealfth Man said:

wildcat08 said:

Wildcat, you may know this already; but just in case. You have to have a visa to enter Australia. You can go online and apply for an electronic travel authority. If you just show up without your name on file in their system as an expected arrival I am not sure what happens. I think the fee is something like 200 AUD.

Yeah, we are in process on the visa, but thanks for thinking about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.