Pigeon Forge area for Christmas

1,116 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by kwammer
A1_Ag_95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I have been tasked with finding some interesting and fun things to do around Pigeon Forge area during the week of Christmas. We will be flying in/out of Knoxville the Sunday before Christmas, staying through end of that week in a cabin somewhere in the PF area.

Any input on things to do outside of the normal Dollywood experience? Will be 5 adults (40's up to mid 60's) and 3 kids (10, 12, 16).

TIA!!!
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I've made this same trip at the same time and can't imagine spending a week there. Prayers for you.
A1_Ag_95
AG
Well, when the in-laws decide that is what they are doing for Christmas, and paying, you deal with it and make the best of the situation.

Spending any amount of time with my kids and wife - no matter where - is for sure worth it.

Appreciate the input!
Seabreeze
Outside of the tourist traps, which the city and Gatlinburg are it really is beautiful country. Winterfest will be in full swing with tons of things for the family to do. Its been probably 10 yrs since ive spent Thanksgiving and Christmas there so not really in the know about the newer things going on. I will say things slow way down during the Holidays around there as far as crowds, and tourist. The pace is much slower, and nicer.
(removed:10EA24-2)
We love Townsend-

Go to Cades Cove
ToddyHill
AG
Depending on the weather, take the kids up to Ober Gatlinburg and do some snow tubing.

One of the things we love to do during the winter (we live 45 minutes from the Smoky Mountain National Park), is to take the drive up to Newfound Gap and take in the snow. Of course, this too is weather related...but the views during the winter are so much better than the summer (lower humidity I guess).

Market Square in downtown Knoxville might be worth a visit. Lots of nice shops/restaurants as well as an outdoor ice skating rink. It's about an hour from PF.

I'd also suggest taking in the Biltmore in Asheville, N.C. Their Christmas display is amazing. It's about a two hour drive from PF.

Christmas at the Biltmore
DD88
AG
It looks like there is the new 680ft. Skybridge that is opening soon in Gatlinburg.
https://www.gatlinburgskylift.com/skybridge

The highest point in the Smoky Mountains, Clingman's Dome, is roughly 30 miles from Pigeon Forge.
https://www.clingmansdome.com/
ToddyHill
AG
The Skybridge is now open. The lines to get on the triple chair lift are insane.

The road leading to Clingman's Dome (which is just a quarter mile or so from Newfound Gap), is closed during the the winter. Still a nice drive up to Newfound Gap though.
bufrilla
AG
Pigeon Forge is a nice place to visit.
Wilderness in the Smokies (very similar to Great Wolf Lodge)
Margaritaville
Cade's Cove
Townsend/Apple Valley
Gatlinburg
Christmas Store
Multiple Theaters with various shows.
Plenty to do locally
Biltmore would be great, but that's an all day affair (200 miles round trip)
Many attractions for adults and kids.
Enjoy.
Aggie71013
AG
TWO STORY KFC
kwammer
if the weather cooperates, the ziplining at CLIMBworks and/or Foxfire Mountain is fantastic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.