Galveston (kids activities)

1,065 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JMac03
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Headed to Galveston this coming week and looking for activities to do with the toddlers (19 month old twins) for a day or two. Wife wants to take them to Moody Gardens. How is the aquarium and rainforest exhibits. Thinking we will do one, which would be better/more exciting for them and us?

Any other things in the island they might enjoy? Pleasure pier have anything to offer for kids that young?
(removed:10EA24-2)
Get some sand toys and that baby will be happy to play in the sand and nap in between beach visits I promise! We raised a bunch of kids and when we went to the beach that's all we did. Start them out that way and you will never have to spend money or time figuring out how to entertain them. Make a big circle in the sand and dig out the sand- let it fill up with water- let him play in that- it will keep him happy for hours- give him a small hand held net...
you're good for the entire trip.
Mucho austin
AG
I agree with beachbabe.

Took our kids to Galveston's last year 7 and 4 at the time. Just got a cheapish hotel right on the sea wall. Just woke up and went to the beach for a few hours. Then nap time, lunch, strand for ice cream. then we drove south to pirates beach and did the beach until sunset. No crowds on the beach down there.

We did moody gardens too, but the kids never talk about that. I think moody is way overrated.
JMac03
AG
I would do the Aquarium over the rainforest, but they do not take long and they are kind of pricey.

Moody has a playground behind the hotel that is nice, as well as there is another good one down the road behind the baseball fields on 81st street.

Not sure where you are staying, but I agree the beach is a great option, as is a hotel with a decent pool. They do have a children's museum there too that my mom used to take my daughter to.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.