Where to eat in San Diego (?)

1,931 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiedata
Mister Mystery Guest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The bride and I are spending three night at Hotel del Coronado in late August to celebrate our anniversary. We are due for a chill-all-day-on-the-beach kind of a trip but we are going to want to venture out to enjoy a great meal each night. Any recommendations? Many thanks in advance!
Smokin Chisel
AG
We enjoyed Miguel's which is walking distance from the Hotel Coronado if you are looking to stay close by. http://www.miguels-cocina.com/
ORAggieFan
Just bumped a thread with many recs.
Mister Mystery Guest
Thanks!
Jock 07
AG
Fire_Aggie said:

We enjoyed Miguel's which is walking distance from the Hotel Coronado if you are looking to stay close by. http://www.miguels-cocina.com/

Second this rec if you want to stay on Coronado. Ate here when I was staying at NAS North Island and it's good and reasonably priced as well which is nice.
Federale01
AG
I didn't eat there, but I passed Stake Chophouse on Coronado a few weeks ago. It had one of the coolest rooftop spaces I saw in the San Diego area, so it might be worth checking out for you. It's pretty dramatic with all the outdoor open fire heaters, so you can't miss it. You should definitely go into SD a few nights, but this place may fit the bill for you if you don't.
aggmaroon
AG
I was there in March. There are so many great food options. We really enjoyed Bencotto Italian Kitchen, Kittner Exchange, and the Boathouse for dinner. For a great lunch option, try Supernatural Sandwiches. That was one of my favorite meals in San Diego.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
My MIL takes everyone to a place called Poseiden's. Sounds cool.
Punked Shank
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

My MIL takes everyone to a place called Poseiden's. Sounds cool.

In Del Mar?

Go next door to Jakes..my opinion is jakes is better. Both are right on the beach. Great food. Get the ribs or calamari for apps. Excellent
bjh19
AG
George at the cove - La Jolla. Time it for sunset and eat on the deck.
Jefe07
AG
In the Point Loma area and want awesome water views, Point Loma Seafood for lunch and Bali Hai for dinner. Bali Hai is old school San Diego and has been renovated relatively recently. It's fancy andright on the water. Watch out for the Mai Tais. You may not remember your meal...

Also, if you do Point Loma Seafood, Eppig Brewing biergarten is open air and right on the water. Their beer isn't awesome (not bad, but certainly not best available in SD), but it's not common to be able to drink beer while leaning over the water.

Also, Stone Brewing Liberty Station is just up the road. Great food and beer.
E
AG
Our favorite place we ate at when we visited a couple months ago was JRDN Restaurant in Pacific Beach. Great food and John Cena sat a couple tables from us... i'm surprised we could see him.

Also had a sunset dinner at Island Prime that we'd also recommend.
Harry Stone
AG
if youre into breweries, ballast point in miramar was great. also really enjoyed stone brewery in liberty station.
Mister Mystery Guest
Thanks again, y'all.
stuckinaustinAG
AG
I go to San Diego for work fairly often and Ironside is by far our favorite.

https://ironsidefishandoyster.com/
aggiedata
AG
Here is our list from our recent visit

Jake's Del Mar: We have been there before and it just doesn't disappoint. One of our top 5 restaurants for sure. Food, service, view, vibe. Suggestions: Calamari, Surfin' Cowboy (Sirloin & Shrimp), Scallops, Hula Pie, Merry Edwards Pinot Noir.

Ballast Point Miramar: Their flagship location and they spent millions on it. Located in a warehouse district, it is a working brewery for sure. Restaurant is very good, Guacamole is superb, fish tacos, salmon, short ribs. One of our favorite beers too. Really a nice outdoor place in back for happy hour.

Rustic Root: Fantastic brunch and Bloody Mary's. We went twice.

Barbusa: Loved it, got the suggestion here. Homemade pasta, added the Sicilian meat balls. fantastic! Salmon was awesome, on mashed sweet potato

Ironside: Some of the best rockfish ceviche we ever had. Fresh caught oysters, bread was $5 but homemade loaf was pretty darn worth it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.